Gluten free dining on NCL?

Terpbacker

My wife has recently been diagnosed with Celiac's disease. Has anyone had experience (good or bad) eating a gluten free diet on NCL. Thanks in advance for you responses.

My wife son and daughter all have celiac. My son is a nurse and has a site dedicated to helping people with this condition (http://www.geocities.com/ashtabulaceliacs) We've been on several cruises with NCL and they have been fantastic. You need to contact the cruise line (accessdesk@ncl.com) and let them know of your food allergy. They will send you a list of gluten free items they will make sure to have on board for you. IE: gluten free breads, waffles and so on. Below is the letter back from NCL on my wife's recent request.

"Thank you for providing us with your gluten free choices. The information has been noted and already forwarded to the ship. Upon embarkation, please ask to meet with the Restaurant Manager for arrangements."

Once you meet with the Matre'd he will help you with your choice each day to make sure your safe. Most of the time you will know, but don't be afraid to ask. Please email me directly if you would like any further information. I feel like an expert on the subject as I have lived this diet for about 18 years. Enjoy your cruise :)

engineer

gvanburen@springteam.com

Archived