what currency is used?

fuzzyfl

can any help. i am taking a carnival transatlantic in april. then a land tour to england, scotland and wales. does anyone know if the euro is accepted in all 3 countries, or doe i have to get pounds as well as euros?

thanks.

can any help. i am taking a carnival transatlantic in april. then a land tour to england, scotland and wales. does anyone know if the euro is accepted in all 3 countries, or doe i have to get pounds as well as euros?

thanks.

You might want to check on that, I understand Carnival has cancelled their 2009 Freedom and Libery European cruises, so no transatlantic.

But...Great Britian doesn't use the Euro, so you would need pounds for those countries.

British pound sterling..for the Queens home. Some places I noticed this July took Euros, but at their advantage of exchange rate. If you belong to AAA the sell tip paks..of $100.00 USD for the rate of the day, or some banks will sell, on order..I would get tip pak and use CCs while there. Better value. Try not to use airports. Thr large Dept stores were a good rate..that is if you get to some...lucky

Marks and Spencer the large department store in Southampton near the quay had a great exchange rate. AAA trip packs were outrageously expensive. We did better using ATM at Glasgow airport and sticking with ATMs and Marks and Spencer in Edinburgh.

Archived