Connecting at Heathrow

paul929207

My wife and I will be leaving tomorrow and flying thru Heathrow on Saturday. We arrive there from Chicago and depart for Kolkata (Calcutta). We arrive and depart on Terminal 5. We have 5 1/2 hours between flights.

I have access to an airport lounge, but it is on Terminal 4. Will we be able to go over to Terminal 4 to use the lounge? If so, how long does it take to get from 5 to 4?

Thanks

If the lounge for which you have access is airside at T4 (i.e. inside security) you won't be able to go to it, since you have to go through security between terminals and present a boarding pass for a flight departing from T4 to get airside.

If it's landside (outside security) then you can go through UK immigration, take the train to Heathrow Central, then a second train to T4. Depending on how long you wait for a train, the whole thing takes around 20 min. or so.

I assume your lounge access is to a Skyteam airline? I'm not sure how the conversion of the former BA lounges to Skyteam airlines is progressing at T4.

If it's landside (outside security) then you can go through UK immigration, take the train to Heathrow Central, then a second train to T4. Depending on how long you wait for a train, the whole thing takes around 20 min. or so.

There are no lounges landside at T4 with the exception of the BA Arrivals Lounge. This recently closed but hasn't been converted to any other airline's lounge yet.

I'm afraid the OP is SOL in this case due to BAA's policy of not letting you airside from a terminal you aren't departing from.

Archived