Segway Tour of Antigua

MerryBee

We just did a tour second week of April....One family member was afraid to ride and they still charged me. The area you tour is filled with trash and debris.....Riding the Segway was wonderful and a lot of fun....but the atmosphere wasn't. The time they post includes half hour beach time which I wasn't to happy about because they started late and we were only on bike for about and hour. I have not gotten the so called free video yet---but I did not see anything but a cheap camera they used to occasionally take photos.

Sorry your tour did not go well. We have done it three times and always had a blast. I'm sure we will do it again sometime in the future.

We just did a tour second week of April....One family member was afraid to ride and they still charged me. The area you tour is filled with trash and debris.....Riding the Segway was wonderful and a lot of fun....but the atmosphere wasn't. The time they post includes half hour beach time which I wasn't to happy about because they started late and we were only on bike for about and hour. I have not gotten the so called free video yet---but I did not see anything but a cheap camera they used to occasionally take photos.

When we did this tour, my wife backed out at the last minute. I had booked this tour for her so I did not even think about looking for a refund. I essentially reserved this Segway that they could have rented to someone else so I thought they did the right thing. As it happened I fell off the Segway and got knocked dizzy, but got up and finished the tour. My fault for letting my tire get caught on a stump at the fort before getting off.

When we did the Segway in Berlin, my DIL backed out when she couldn't ride. They gave me a refund however. I had prepaid for 6 of us.

When we did this tour, my wife backed out at the last minute. I had booked this tour for her so I did not even think about looking for a refund. I essentially reserved this Segway that they could have rented to someone else so I thought they did the right thing. As it happened I fell off the Segway and got knocked dizzy, but got up and finished the tour. My fault for letting my tire get caught on a stump at the fort before getting off.

When we did the Segway in Berlin, my DIL backed out when she couldn't ride. They gave me a refund however. I had prepaid for 6 of us.

We were there on time----and when we got to the Segway office she made the 4 of us wait another half hour for another group of 4 people---which I assume came from a hotel---they were late---the tour started late and ended on time. We saw several mice running around as we waited. We enjoyed riding the Segways---just wished we had more time on them and a partial refund would have been in order!!

Sorry to hear these reports. Our experience with Juliette has always been outstanding. We do always put our own group together from the CC roll call, so we all arrive together. Hope these few bad experiences are the exception.

We just recently returned for the Segway tour, and all 6 of our group loved it! The staff was great, very patient for those who had initial problems. They showed you something, and made you repeat it several times so you got comfortable with getting on and off (really the most difficult part)

I have attached photos and 2 very short video's to show what it was like. I didn't take as much video and photos while we were riding, because they instructed us not to (for our own saftey). But after I got comfortable riding, I could not resist.

For the comment about only allowing a few minutes at the beach:

They did stop at a beach on the tour, and was great riding the trail to the beach. That stop was not for long, just for the view. However, the Segway starting/ending point is right at the beach! We just asked to have our ride back a few hours later. Beach was great..not crowded, nobody bugged us.

The thing I found unique is you rode the Segway's over many different types of terrain, roads with potholes (fun to swerve around, really), paths through the woods, paving stones uphill to the fort...that really added to experience.

I know I will ride a Segway again, but I can't imagine that the experience could possibly equal this Antigua trip.

1477925354_IMGP0199(Small).jpg.2212738688059117b1494c1be8868884.jpg

1856491946_IMGP0215(Small).jpg.3d4960b0f98e53d30dcbaf1a796aa0fb.jpg

29294630_IMGP0249-003(Small).jpg.27c4ef6bc336e73fb22c57de30e642db.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

We did this tour last month and it was fantastic! We weren't on a cruise ship but booked it through our hotel so the tour might have been a little different - no lunch. We rode first to Runaway Bay to see the pretty beach, then rode to Fort James. Gorgeous views there! One of the guides took pictures of our group, which we received by email about a week later. We took our own camera too so we got some nice shots of the fort.

There were six in our group and everyone had a blast. The guides spent plenty of time making sure everyone was comfortable. The hardest part is getting on and off the Segway. It's really not difficult - even a klutz like me can do it. :) As someone mentioned, you do ride over different kinds of terrain so in some places you have to careful of rocks or potholes.

Lots of fun!

We did this tour last month and it was fantastic! We weren't on a cruise ship but booked it through our hotel so the tour might have been a little different - no lunch. We rode first to Runaway Bay to see the pretty beach, then rode to Fort James. Gorgeous views there! One of the guides took pictures of our group, which we received by email about a week later. We took our own camera too so we got some nice shots of the fort.

There were six in our group and everyone had a blast. The guides spent plenty of time making sure everyone was comfortable. The hardest part is getting on and off the Segway. It's really not difficult - even a klutz like me can do it. :) As someone mentioned, you do ride over different kinds of terrain so in some places you have to careful of rocks or potholes.

Lots of fun!

I had done the Segway in San Juan, Berlin and Anchorage and did the one in Antigua. I was warned in Berlin that I came close to a curb and you know if one wheel hits something down you go. Well in Antigua I had gone up the ramp at the fort and was last so when I got to the top it was crowded and I was looking for a place to park. I should have just gotten off and walked the Segway but I'm an expert, right. Wrong. I was standing still and started to move to a parking spot when I think the right wheel hit a root and that thing whipped around and threw me off and I think knocked me out for a second or two. I sure had a dizzy spell when I came to. Got up and had some antibiotic to a bruise and a band aid, got back on the Segway and finished out the tour.

Would I do it again. Of course- I would just be a little more careful.

• 2 years later...

Lots of fun!

This is an old post but I just wanted to add that we did the same tour this month and this post is a very accurate description. We had a blast and I heartily recommend it!