Could you do it ?????

mikeblum

I could be ready in 1 hour. I'd just leave a note and some cash for the kids. $200 might do them for pizzas for the week.

"Mom & Dad have gone on a cruise. See you in a week. The money is for pizzas. Remember: only 1 hour per day on the Xbox. Don't forget to feed the dog".

Then, Im gone.. in the car.

Shhh!!!!

I'm actually doing this - but I'm planning a little more notice than that for DW. Finding the time off was easy - she works at the school so we're traveling over February break. I even went far enough to call her doctor and pick up scopolamine patches for her. (If the doc wouldn't issue the prescription, I would have had to tell DW earlier...)

I'll probably end up telling her by the end of January so that she can think about packing - she's MUCH better at remembering everything than I am - but we'll DEFINITELY keep it secret from the kids - they love cruising at LEAST as much as we do and will be thrilled to come home from school on Friday afternoon and find out we're all leaving town on Sunday!

And all this still going on after 17 years of marriage on 11/16!

I think I'd have a heart attack if my DH ever surprised me with something. After 10yrs of marriage, he STILL can't manage to even do the littlest surprise for me, let alone a vacation!

All you husbands that do this for your wives, you all are a rare breed!! ha Ya'll got some LUCKY wives!!! :D

if you called your wife or your wife called you and said that you have arranged everything with work to be gone all next week at both your job and her job...could you be ready to leave in 3 days for a 7 day cruise...THIS IS ASSUMING THAT YOU HAVE A CURRENT PASSPORT...is the question???????

Uhhh - YEA! I could go tomorrow!

I actually had a friend tell me the other day that her sister's husband just surprised her with a cruise for the following week. He had done all the planning and everything so he could surprise her. She called my friend to complain that he was so inconsiderate because she didn't have time to get everything ready that she wanted to do. My friend told her that she was crazy to complain. Most men would never think of doing something like that and she should count her blessings to have such a wonderful husband and tell him so.

If it was cleared with work, SURE! Of course, we don't take week-long cruises, just three dayers, but that just makes it easier to pack.

Granted, we'd also have to make sure my aunts were in town to check in on the cats, but other than that - I can pack for our getaways in fifteen minutes.

Shhh!!!! :eek::eek:

I'm actually doing this - but I'm planning a little more notice than that for DW. Finding the time off was easy - she works at the school so we're traveling over February break. I even went far enough to call her doctor and pick up scopolamine patches for her. (If the doc wouldn't issue the prescription, I would have had to tell DW earlier...)

I'll probably end up telling her by the end of January so that she can think about packing - she's MUCH better at remembering everything than I am - but we'll DEFINITELY keep it secret from the kids - they love cruising at LEAST as much as we do and will be thrilled to come home from school on Friday afternoon and find out we're all leaving town on Sunday!

And all this still going on after 17 years of marriage on 11/16!

What a nice surprise!! DH and I are married 16 years and still do things like this for eachother. :D

if you called your wife or your wife called you and said that you have arranged everything with work to be gone all next week at both your job and her job...could you be ready to leave in 3 days for a 7 day cruise...THIS IS ASSUMING THAT YOU HAVE A CURRENT PASSPORT...is the question???????

Yep... just did it for the Grandeur repo. Booked on the 26th while out of town visiting our kids in Ohio and the ship left Baltimore on the 30th. Rushed home, packed and left for 11 days. It was a great cruise.

It SOUNDS like fun- but planning a vacation is half the fun for me. Actually more like an obsession....I usually have at least a year notice. I absolutely HATE not being prepared.

How could I possibly pack in three days without carefully considering what we were going to do?

Something like this would be an excellent lesson in spontaneity! Although I would be panic sticken for the 'what if', I would definetly go-for-it.

Archived