Could you do it ?????

mikeblum

I have a surprise cruise for my family for Feb 09. I have kept it a secret for one year now, saving little by little. But my husband was recently complaining that we haven't been on a cruise in a while so he went ahead and booked one for April. So now we will be going on 2 cruises within a few weeks. I didn't want to tell him we already were going on a cruise and spoil the surprise and besides, the idea of 2 cruises sounds pretty good!

~Jo~

Is this a trick question??? Give me a few hours and Im ready. I can do my hair on the ship if I need to have it done. Who needs days? Last cruise I booked 4 days before the cruise, only because I wanted to get in early enough to sign up for M&M which was closing that day at 5 pm.

I would be packed and ready in a couple of hours. The only thing is I like looking forward to our trips. So between last minute and a longer notice - longer notice. Between a 3 day notice and no cruise I would take the cruise even if I had to buy all the stuff I need when we got to the embarkation port.

I think I'd have a heart attack if my DH ever surprised me with something. After 10yrs of marriage, he STILL can't manage to even do the littlest surprise for me, let alone a vacation!

All you husbands that do this for your wives, you all are a rare breed!! ha Ya'll got some LUCKY wives!!! :D

I can't surprise my DW at all. She picks up on the tiniest clues and has all the dots connected before I finish the plans. (NUTS!!!)

I've booked, too, on 3 days before sailing (the ship needs at least 48 hours). Hubby doesn't mind but Dixie the Beagle has a few barks on such short notice! She, however, does get to go to Grandma's house......land-of-the all-night-refrigerator-with-the-endless-treats.......

I would LOVE for my husband to tell me exactly that, ha ha!!

And YES, I most definitely could be ready to leave in 3 days, no problem at all!!! :D

Call DD just down the road to take care of the dog and cat, call the P.O. to hold the mail, turn down the thermostat, pack and we'd be ready!!

I've booked, too, on 3 days before sailing (the ship needs at least 48 hours).

Not true. I've booked the day before the ship leaves at times. As long as the cruise is on the website you can still book it. The most recent was the Grandeur repo which left Baltimore on October 30th and we booked it for friends from FL at 3pm on the 29th. They drove to Tampa while we were on the phone with Royal and Southwest, got a flight to Baltimore the next am and joined us for the cruise. Had to wait to get to the port to be assigned a cabin and on the ship to arrange seating for dining but it was well worth it for the $449/person inside guarantee less a $200 OBC for our Next Cruise coupon.

Archived