Last minute booking and cabin placement

lanoitarus

Background: A group of my friends have suddenly found ourselves with the same free week, and what with the deals currently offered, we thought a cruise would be nice. We're currently targeting the Carnival Triumph on December 14th for western carribbean. Only one of us has cruised before (on CCL).

The problem we're hitting is that the best deals (and they are great deals) seem to be for guarantee only cabins, and it costs significantly more to upgrade to anything with assigned rooms. Does anyone know if carnival will at least attempt to place us together if we book a bunch of guarantees? We arent awfully picky about being right next to each other, but it would be nice to at least be in the same general quadrant of the ship. Seeing as sailing is 34 days away, will most other people have their guarantee rooms "locked in" already?

The carnival agent said they would "try their best", so i guess what im asking is, do they actually try at all, or do they just roll the dice a few times and see where everyone ends up?

Background: A group of my friends have suddenly found ourselves with the same free week, and what with the deals currently offered, we thought a cruise would be nice. We're currently targeting the Carnival Triumph on December 14th for western carribbean. Only one of us has cruised before (on CCL).

The problem we're hitting is that the best deals (and they are great deals) seem to be for guarantee only cabins, and it costs significantly more to upgrade to anything with assigned rooms. Does anyone know if carnival will at least attempt to place us together if we book a bunch of guarantees? We arent awfully picky about being right next to each other, but it would be nice to at least be in the same general quadrant of the ship. Seeing as sailing is 34 days away, will most other people have their guarantee rooms "locked in" already?

The carnival agent said they would "try their best", so i guess what im asking is, do they actually try at all, or do they just roll the dice a few times and see where everyone ends up?

How many cabins are your talking about? Im sure they will do their best.

I usually book guarentee with a group of 2 or 3 cabins. In the past we have always ended up on the same floor, but never next to each other.....one cruise 2 cabins were aft, and one was forward, so it is a roll of the dice. I really do believe they try to keep you close, but I bet the closer to sailing you are, the harder it is to be near each other, since they're trying to fill those random cabins.

Ok thats great to hear... i think were willing to toss the dice as long as we believe theyll at least TRY to make em come up right. I was afraid the sales guy might have just been blowing smoke to make us book.

On a similar note, do cabins tend to be locked at this point for those who have already booked? Obviously there is never a guarantee, but generally do you think its a good chance we land in the handful cabins that are still marked empty? Because they happen to be near one another.

We were on the Ecstasy a few weeks ago with three different cabins all with different booking numbers all booked as an IS. We asked that the booking be linked for diner seating only. Turns out all 3 were very close to each other, two next door and the third about 2 cabins down. We were moved up to the main deck.

But we did book more than 3 months in advance. With last minute booking you may end up with whats left.

But we did book more than 3 months in advance. With last minute booking you may end up with whats left.

To be honest, from what i can see of whats left (several categories higher than we are booking and clumped together!) id take that pretty happily.... :rolleyes:

Thanks to all for your help!

To be honest, from what i can see of whats left (several categories higher than we are booking and clumped together!) id take that pretty happily.... :rolleyes:

Thanks to all for your help!

let us know what happens!! thanks and goodluck!:)

Archived