PLEASE help

BxHx561

You pretty much naile dit on the head. You normally book a specific type of guarentee, whether it be a inside, outside, balcony or suite guarantee. Then you are guaranteed at least the lowest category within that type of stateroom.

Sometimes you will be assigned early, sometimes you wont know until you get to the pier. Even if you are assigned early though, it can still change (even though it normally does not, it has happened).

what exactly is a GUA room? does it mean you are guaranteed a room... but they dont know where until the day you check in? im so lost. thanks in advance!

We signed up for a GUA room on Monday on the Pearl. By Wednesday our eDocs were available and a great room had been assigned. (We didnt receive an email with the eDocs, I printed them from my NCL log-in site. So if you have not received an email, go to the NCL site, create a log-in, look for your reservation and your eDocs could be there)

Have a great curise!

thank you so much!.. is category J or K THAT bad? lol..

Compared to what ? J / K are inside cabins . No window . Have you looked through the ncl.com web site and decided that is what you want / can aford ? There are many options to choose from . If you are new to cruiseing , step back take a look and price out what you think you may want . And feel free to ask alot of questions on this board .. ;)

Last month I booked the Pearl for the January 25 sailing in a BD guarantee cabin (balcony), paid in full on 11/11, and yesterday was assigned a cabin that is a category BB..... so, basically, a balcony cabin 'upgrade' from deck 8 to deck 10. It's interesting how different people and cruise lines themselves view the various deck options. It seems that most view the higher decks as higher categories, but I do not feel that way. I would much rather be lower and nearer the water and also nearer to the public area; although having said that, I definitely prefer to have a deck of cabins both below and above me to protect from the possible noise. I learned my lesson about that on a cruise last August when my wonderful aft cabin was located directly above a lounge that was open until 1:00 a.m. and had karaoke every night from 11 to 1. The noise was so bad that it would be impossible for me to describe.

I'm actually thinking about declining the 'upgrade' and stay on deck 8 where all of the other BD balcony cabins are located. For me, decks 7 and 8 are much more preferable than deck 10.

I got upgraded to a BB midship deck 9 on the Dawn. Anyone have any thoughts about the placement of that cabin?

We were in a oceanview room, so just the upgrade to the balcony was amazing. We also like to be midship, since you tend to not feel the swaying of the boat as much there (my BF is sometimes bothered by motion sickness, but on our last cruise he only felt it on the last night when we were moving at top speed to make it back to the home port).

Deck 9 seems like a nice deck with mainly cabins above and below. But having never sailed on NCL or been in a balcony I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts.

Do a google search for sites that show cruise deck plans. There are a number of them that allow you to look up categories and see where those rooms are. For instance, I found on the Jewel. there are K's on deck 4, J's on deck 8. To my thinking, deck 8 is very nice, but some of the J's are not as desirable as others.

Al

We usually get a guarantee cabin-- and have always been upgraded! Once from an inside to a window! The last one from deck 4-- to deck 10.... we are not usually fussy where are cabin is-- just dont want to be under a disco! Or a kitchen etc.... or I guess the medic center!:) We kind of like the "chance" factor-- and the checking and seeing if we have been assigned a cabin or not yet-- it is kind of fun....

of course if we are traveling with family or friends-- we dont want to be separated very much-- then we do not do guarantee bookings.

Bottom line, if you absolutely do not want a cabin under a lounge, all the way forward or all the way aft, or have any other criteria that you absolutely cannot live with, book an actual cabin number and not a guarantee.

If you are not picky about where your cabin is and can live with most any location without grumbling, go for the guarantee. You might get a nice upgrade, or you might not. You just never know . . .

Archived