Please Help!!

madge57

I know this subject has come up before and if you can tell me where to find it I would be grateful.

There may be a cancelation of one of the guest in our group. If this happens what would be the best way to handle it. Do we call as soon as we know or do we wait until we board to tell them. This couple didn't buy insurance yet but was planning on doing it. Not really sure what to do!!!

Please help if you can

Thanks

I see from your countdown ticker you aren't sailing for over 2 months. Are you all in penalty phase yet? Might be depending on length of cruise. Usually there's some refund even if not all at this point - at least is on RCCL.

I know this subject has come up before and if you can tell me where to find it I would be grateful.

There may be a cancelation of one of the guest in our group. If this happens what would be the best way to handle it. Do we call as soon as we know or do we wait until we board to tell them. This couple didn't buy insurance yet but was planning on doing it. Not really sure what to do!!!

Please help if you can

Thanks

Please help if you can

Thanks

Are they past the no penalty stage to cancel with the cruiseline?

If it's not a for sure, don't cancel until you know for sure.

Insurance might not cover the cancellation. Depends on the reason.

If there has to be adjustments made in number of rooms needed or if someone is now traveling solo you will be impacted money wise for that.

Guess I see your question as being too vague to give you a "right" answer.

Is it just one guest in a double occupancy room? If so, the remaining guest would most likely be looked upon as a single traveler sailing on a single suppliment. This cost of the room (total for 2 passengers) would remain the same. If both passengers are cancelling, have them cancel immediately to recoup some of the money paid. (I.m not sure about Carnival, but most cruise lines require final payment 90 days prior to the sail date)

Host Dan

Nov. 3rd was our final payment. And it was double occupanacy. The one guest still wants to go on the cruise and what they paid for two should cover for the one. But they booked a balcony cabin L-shape cabin on Carnival Freedom and he doesn't want a different cabin

Nov. 3rd was our final payment. And it was double occupanacy. The one guest still wants to go on the cruise and what they paid for two should cover for the one. But they booked a balcony cabin L-shape cabin on Carnival Freedom and he doesn't want a different cabin

If I understand your post, passenger A is cancelling, passenger B is cruising as a single. They are booked in a specific cabin passenger B likes. As a single he will not be changed to another cabin, just none of the money will be refunded.

Host Dan

If you are saying you are afraid he'll be booted out of that cabin to accomodate someone else - then no - don't tell them before boarding.

Don't be disappointed if Carnival does not allow a name change for the second passenger.... In reality they would LIKE your brother not to sail... They can re-sell the cabin AND keep your $$.

Host Dan

If one half of a couple cannot go on a booked and paid for cruise, can another person be substitued to take their place? Are the rules different for different cruise lines? I'm confused, but would like to know - just in case :(:confused:

Carnival will let you change one name for $50.00

Archived