Day Passes at Resorts on St. Lucia?

harryw

We went to Rendezvous on Jan. 19, 2010 and I was surprised to learn that the day pass had gone up to $50 per person. I was still operating under the illusion from CC threads that it was $38! Whoops! Considering that we took our time getting there, it was quite expensive for four hours. But oh it was lovely! An excellent lunch buffet and an open bar, quiet, and not many people. Tall palms provide wonderful shade--no umbrellas needed.

If you decide to go, get there as early as you can to get your money's worth.

The taxi was $10 each way for a five-minute ride.

We went to Rendezvous on Jan. 19, 2010 and I was surprised to learn that the day pass had gone up to $50 per person. I was still operating under the illusion from CC threads that it was $38! Whoops! Considering that we took our time getting there, it was quite expensive for four hours. But oh it was lovely! An excellent lunch buffet and an open bar, quiet, and not many people. Tall palms provide wonderful shade--no umbrellas needed.

Hi,

We are scheduled to go there on our cruise. Is the taxi 10 per person each way?

Is it walking distance and a safe walk?

Thanks!

Not hearing many good things about beaches on St. Lucia. Since this is what we have planned during our day in port, I would like to know if there are other(besides Tye Kaye and Rendevous) resorts that offer "day passes". If so, reservations needed? and prices?

Thanks

When we went in November, we were planning on going to Rendezvous, however they were closed for renovations. We wound up going to Almond Morgan Bay Resort (all inclusive).

It was nice. The food and drinks were good. My husband took wind surfing instruction.

It was reasonable (don't remember the cost, and I'm not home) It was close to the cruise ship terminal too, so the cab fare was reasonable too.

Their web site is almondresorts >>dot<< com.

Have gone to Sandals Grande St. Lucian twice- I think Almond was a good value. I'd go there again.

When we went in November, we were planning on going to Rendezvous, however they were closed for renovations. We wound up going to Almond Morgan Bay Resort (all inclusive).

It was nice. The food and drinks were good. My husband took wind surfing instruction.

It was reasonable (don't remember the cost, and I'm not home) It was close to the cruise ship terminal too, so the cab fare was reasonable too.

Their web site is almondresorts >>dot<< com.

Have gone to Sandals Grande St. Lucian twice- I think Almond was a good value. I'd go there again.

Did you just head over the Almond Morgan Bay Resort or pre-arrange for the day pass? If so, please supply contact info. Thanks

This sounds good to us but are wondering whether they served any bottled beer from the bar. My husband steers clear of liquor and wine. Did you notice whether there was American beer offered? Thanks for your help.

Did you pre-arrange "day pass" reservation? If so, please supply me with contact info. Also, taxi was that per taxi or per person. Thanks

We were just at the Rendezvous in January for the morning 1/2 day pass which included breakfast. The cab to the resort was $8. When we arrived the young man told us the cost was $50 but I had e-mailed and received pricing info beforehand so I said, no it's not. He reached in his desk and pulled out the price sheet that matched mine, the cost was $40 and he knew it. A clever way to make himself $10. I e-mailed the main office when we returned and they apologized. If you go, get the price upfront and then print the sheet to take with you - with date on the page.

We loved the resort - the food was so-so but it was a beautiful setting and I liked the swim up bar! When we were ready to head back, the guard called a cab for us but this guy wanted more $ to take us back to the ship then what we paid to arrive. The guard just laughed - I think they were friends. We didn't have much choice so we went, then a guest from the hotel asked if he could come too and the cab driver charged him less then he did us. It cost us a few more bucks but then it cost the driver his tip - my DH asked him if it was worth it to rip us off a few dollars. We also ran in to some not very friendly sales people at the shops at the port. This was the first time we have run into unfriendly or dishonest folks at St. Lucia. Hopefully just a rather unlucky visit and not a new trend... otherwise we love the island.

We were just at the Rendezvous in January for the morning 1/2 day pass which included breakfast. The cab to the resort was $8. When we arrived the young man told us the cost was $50 but I had e-mailed and received pricing info beforehand so I said, no it's not. He reached in his desk and pulled out the price sheet that matched mine, the cost was $40 and he knew it. A clever way to make himself $10. I e-mailed the main office when we returned and they apologized. If you go, get the price upfront and then print the sheet to take with you - with date on the page.

We loved the resort - the food was so-so but it was a beautiful setting and I liked the swim up bar! When we were ready to head back, the guard called a cab for us but this guy wanted more $ to take us back to the ship then what we paid to arrive. The guard just laughed - I think they were friends. We didn't have much choice so we went, then a guest from the hotel asked if he could come too and the cab driver charged him less then he did us. It cost us a few more bucks but then it cost the driver his tip - my DH asked him if it was worth it to rip us off a few dollars. We also ran in to some not very friendly sales people at the shops at the port. This was the first time we have run into unfriendly or dishonest folks at St. Lucia. Hopefully just a rather unlucky visit and not a new trend... otherwise we love the island.

Thanks so much for your input. I have emailed Rendevous, but have not heard back from them. Any help with this?

I emailed them the other day and just heard back this morning....what sort of info were you looking for?

Do you need to make reservations prior to arrival? If so, "how to" info. Also, please confirm the price(s) for the day passes and what is included. Do you know how from from the port the resort is and also how much for taxis? Oh, one last thing, do you know if it was recently renovated and what that entailed?

Thanks so much for input!

Do you need to make reservations prior to arrival? If so, "how to" info. Also, please confirm the price(s) for the day passes and what is included. Do you know how from from the port the resort is and also how much for taxis? Oh, one last thing, do you know if it was recently renovated and what that entailed?

Thanks so much for input!

Here's what they sent to me:

Thanks for your interest in the Rendezvous.

In regards to your request for information on day passes at the hotel

the following applies.

Half day pass (Morning) Includes only, Drinks and use of resort

facilities from 8:00am to 12 noon. cost US$40.00

Half day pass (afternoon) Includes Lunch, Afternoon tea, Drinks and use of

resort facilities from 12 noon to 6:00pm. Cost US$50.00

Attached is a copy of our Spa prices for your perusal.

Passes Excludes use of scuba facilities and motorized water sports.

Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact

us. Please be advised that reservation are needed for final confirmation.

Regards

Regards

Angus Sexius | Front Desk Manager

We spent the day at Rendezvous in St. Lucia. We contacted the resort before we cruised and made reservations. The 1/2 day pass we received was good from 10:00-3:00 and was $50pp. There were six of us in the taxi and they charge per person not per taxi. I think we paid $3pp each way and our driver came back for us.

We were treated wonderfully and really enjoyed the resort.

Someone asked about beer. The local beer (Piton) was on tap not sure what other beers were available. The mixed drinks were very good and we loved the swim up bar.

We spent the day at Rendezvous in St. Lucia. We contacted the resort before we cruised and made reservations. The 1/2 day pass we received was good from 10:00-3:00 and was $50pp. There were six of us in the taxi and they charge per person not per taxi. I think we paid $3pp each way and our driver came back for us.

We were treated wonderfully and really enjoyed the resort.

Someone asked about beer. The local beer (Piton) was on tap not sure what other beers were available. The mixed drinks were very good and we loved the swim up bar.

sadie: That would be perfect for us, but they are only offering a pass that goes until noon or one that goes from noon till 5ish; 10 to 3 would be perfect. Is that something I need to specifically request?

I see that Rendezvous is only 5 minutes from pier (that's a plus - saves time and taxi dollars) but literally right behind the airport runway. Can you hear the planes there? Maybe there aren't too many? It's also in a public beach area. Were there many vendors? Since the reviews here seem to be good, I'm guessing neither vendors or planes are an issue? Just curious as I try to tuck away some idea of what to do here if there's a next time on another cruise. (We loved the Victory so much I am thinking there will be a next time)

sadie: That would be perfect for us, but they are only offering a pass that goes until noon or one that goes from noon till 5ish; 10 to 3 would be perfect. Is that something I need to specifically request?

Yes, I sent an e-mail that requested that time based on our ship's time in port.

I see that Rendezvous is only 5 minutes from pier (that's a plus - saves time and taxi dollars) but literally right behind the airport runway. Can you hear the planes there?

This is not the main airport, it is used for the small planes that island hop. The occasional plane did not bother us.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading the posts on this thread, I have contacted several resorts and heard back from TiKaye and Almond Morgan Bay. If anyone is familiar with both of these and can offer some insights for the purpose of comparison?

Thanks for your reply. I just checked the Serenity website and contacted them for more info...they offer LOTS of tours. Which one are you going on? We are repeat cruisers on the Caribbean Princess 3/21 sailing and were in St Lucia 2 years ago...toured with Cosol. LOVED it but don't think we could replicate the experience. Looking for something new on this beautiful island.

We're doing the Ti Kaye village all day pass so we can snorkel at Anse Cochon beach and use the hotel facilities. We've done the freestyle tour , pigeon Island, Reduit beach and wanted something a little different this time. Tell John and Carolyn hi from Barb & Ed. We've toured with them 3 times! They are great professional people! They are all about quality and not quantity and always give us a personal experience.

Edited by blyle

After waiting several days, I just got a reply back from Bay Gardens stating that we could purchase a day pass to the Bay Gardens Hotel, but not the Bay Gardens Beach Resort. They did state that we could visit the resort, but not use the pool. No mention of cost, although I requested that. Very confusing. We like what we've read about Rendezvous, Almond Morgan Bay and TiKaye. There are MANY pros associated with each property, although the cons seem to be (in order of consideration), Rendezvous- fixed schedule that doesn't align with cruise stop, AMB- cloudy (muddy?) water with possible seaweed, TIKaye-much higher intial cost, drinks are not included and cab fare may be more due to the distance from the pier. The pros with all of these are ...great past reviews and happy guests. OMG this is hard. Still waiting to hear back from Serenity Tours.

I had called serenity. They offer the Tai Kay pass where they pick you up and drop you off, it includes a massage, lunch, use of pool and facilities (I emailed TaiKaye and asked for sure), and 2 beverages all for 130.00 pp.