Day Passes at Resorts on St. Lucia?

harryw

I had called serenity. They offer the Tai Kay pass where they pick you up and drop you off, it includes a massage, lunch, use of pool and facilities (I emailed TaiKaye and asked for sure), and 2 beverages all for 130.00 pp.

The Island Diver's package is a little less expensive. $75 per person for pick up & drop off by boat, use of all facilities, snorkel gear, 2 soft drinks, and lunch. No massage included.

http://www.tikaye.com/dive-rates.php

We went to Sandals Grande (£200) up near Pigeon Island, it was "OK" but didn't inspire me to want to stay there! Way I see it, if the hotel is AI then a pass is essential...but if it's just an ordinary hotel you can wander in as long as you have lunch & spend a bit.

Jalousie offers a day pass for $50.00 per person (children $35.00) which includes a beach lounge chair, access to hotel toilet facilities, shuttle service to the hotel from the parking lot and a $25.00 food/beverage credit. Doesn't entitle you to use the hotel pool but I'm not going there for the pool. We are getting there by taxi since I cannot confirm anything about water taxis - the hotel said they have no knowledge of scheduled water taxis to/from their hotel/beach and there is nothing I can find online about scheduled water taxi services. Since all beaches in St. Lucia are public, if you find a reliable water taxi service I guess they can drop you off at the beach but you may not be able to go on hotel property and use the hotel facilities. I like facilities so I have no problem paying for a day pass.

I see that Rendezvous is only 5 minutes from pier (that's a plus - saves time and taxi dollars) but literally right behind the airport runway. Can you hear the planes there? Maybe there aren't too many? It's also in a public beach area. Were there many vendors? Since the reviews here seem to be good, I'm guessing neither vendors or planes are an issue? Just curious as I try to tuck away some idea of what to do here if there's a next time on another cruise. (We loved the Victory so much I am thinking there will be a next time)

Hi,

There is a public beach further up but for $50 (5 hrs)you have everything. The ships excursions are nice but this price blows them away. We are beach and sun people. That's our top priority at every port. During 19 cruises this was the best day I can remember. The pools are very nice and you are looking out at the water or you sit on the beach(chairs, umbrella, towells and drink service included). You put your flag in the sand and they take your drink order. A real nice lunch with wine and a nice covered outdoor area with bar if you want to sit and chill. Remember it's an all inclusive. You need a reservation to get in. Do it online and take a copy with you. There is no charge or credit card involved with making the reservation. It was the best $100 cash We've spent!! A great time!

FYI ...The Rendezvous is for adults only, but I think that TiKaye offers a great package, too! Contact Serenity Tours for more info. They have a toll free line and are quick to answer.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

There is a public beach further up but for $50 (5 hrs)you have everything. The ships excursions are nice but this price blows them away. We are beach and sun people. That's our top priority at every port. During 19 cruises this was the best day I can remember. The pools are very nice and you are looking out at the water or you sit on the beach(chairs, umbrella, towells and drink service included). You put your flag in the sand and they take your drink order. A real nice lunch with wine and a nice covered outdoor area with bar if you want to sit and chill. Remember it's an all inclusive. You need a reservation to get in. Do it online and take a copy with you. There is no charge or credit card involved with making the reservation. It was the best $100 cash We've spent!! A great time!

Is this RENDEZOUS you're talking about and was it $50 per person or $100? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd steer clear of the Almond properties, especially Smugglers Cove. The pools were filthy and only 1/2 full when we spent a week there recently. Beach was also undesirable. Lots of mixed reviews on a travel review website.

Sandals (La Toc), another property we've stayed at for a week, was excellent. A day pass there is worth the money.

We are trying to decide where to spend our day on St. Lucia and a great beach is very important to us.

How is the beach at the Rendezvous? Is it comparable or better than the beach at the Sandals resorts in St. Lucia?

If anyone has been the Sandals Resorts in St. Lucia, which has the better beach? Grande or Regency?

My wife and I just returned from St Lucia. We had planned on going to rendezvous but the taxi man talked us out of it. He explained if we wanted to go to the best beach we should go to Sandels Grande, and it did NOT disappoint. Though the cost was 100ea but we felt we got out monies worth from the drinks, meals, and beautiful facilities.

Out of the 3 sandels, the Grande has the nicest beach, and we heard this from people at the resort who said they were currently staying at other sandels but come up to the Grande for the beach.

The cab ride was about 20 mins and the price was 15 pp ( not 100%). We arranged for the taxi to pick us back up later, and it worked out great. He was there waiting for us when it was time to leave. we ate at a restaurant that served buffet lunch, and it had a lot of options to choose from. Its def not a cheap day, but it was great and we left relaxed... enjoy

Thanks again! I know it will not be a cheap day but if we get to spend a great day at a Sandal's resort it will be well worth it! We have never been to one so it will be nice to see what one is like. We look forward to our day there :).

We are going in March on the Victory and I was just wondering if there is a time different between the ship and St. Lucia. Trying to find out how much time I will have if I go to Rendezvous for the day.

If you're sailing out of San Juan PR, ship time will likely be Atlantic Standard Time, which is what both PR and St. Lucia use. (This goes for the entire year--none of the southern Caribbean Islands switch to Daylight Saving Time.)

If your ship sails out of a Florida port, it might get more complicated. Depending on what other ports are planned, ship time may be switched to AST or may remain on Florida time. If the latter, and depending on what date in March you sail, Florida time would either be Eastern Standard (which is 1 hr behind AST) or Eastern Daylight Time (which is identical to AST). Or you could get really lucky and hit the weekend that switched from EST to EDT.:eek:

Thanks Pepperwood for helping me. We are leaving out of Puerto Rico so we shouldn't have to worry about time change. We are also going to St.Thomas and Dominica, St. Kitts and St. Maarten. Nice to know that we don't have to worry about all that time change stuff.

We're seriously considering Sandals Regency La Toc since golf is included (except clubs and cart)... anyone know how long the taxi ride would be?

Their day pass is only good from 10-6 and we'll be in port 8-5 and probably have to be back on the ship at 4. I think that it would be around $300 for both of us including the golf extras we'd have to pay. That's not to shabby when after we golf we can laze on the beach and eat and drink ourselves happy :)

We are trying to decide where to spend our day on St. Lucia and a great beach is very important to us.

How is the beach at the Rendezvous? Is it comparable or better than the beach at the Sandals resorts in St. Lucia?

If anyone has been the Sandals Resorts in St. Lucia, which has the better beach? Grande or Regency?

Did the $100pp day pass last yr. in Dec. and found the grounds and pool area wonderful, the food, so,so, and the beach horrible! Nasty with litter and broken glass etc. with armed guards at three different locations. I am a beach walker, DH a beach sitter, we stayed at the pool till time to go. Not recommended for the beach!

Did the $100pp day pass last yr. in Dec. and found the grounds and pool area wonderful, the food, so,so, and the beach horrible! Nasty with litter and broken glass etc. with armed guards at three different locations. I am a beach walker, DH a beach sitter, we stayed at the pool till time to go. Not recommended for the beach!

Which beach are you referring to? The Grande or the Regency? I have heard wonderful things about the Grande and that is where we are planning on going so far.