Dress code

mark e b

"resort casual"

Men - ie, Dockers and golf shirt, shoes with socks. No shorts at night in restaurants. Most restaurants will allow nice jeans.

Not always enforced by the staff, so you might see much lower dress next to you sometimes. But when enforced, it is a pain to go back to the cabin and change while the rest of your party waits on you.

from the NCL website:

Resort casual dress gets you into every venue at night too. Some people like to add a jacket, or when celebrating a special occasion, get all decked out. This too is welcome everywhere. And if you're tired from a long fun day and just want to wear shorts; our buffet is the place for a casual dinner. Some people prefer nice jeans. They're welcome in many of our restaurants as well, but not in all. It's your vacation on NCL so dress comfortably, and you'll find a venue that suits your style.

Also for those wishing to dress up, there are typically 2 "Dress up or not" nights in a week. You will get a little card in the freestyle daily about this plus it will be indicated on the front of the Daily.

Even during those nights, however, resort casual is always welcome.

"resort casual"

Men - ie, Dockers and golf shirt, shoes with socks. No shorts at night in restaurants. Most restaurants will allow nice jeans.

Not always enforced by the staff, so you might see much lower dress next to you sometimes. But when enforced, it is a pain to go back to the cabin and change while the rest of your party waits on you.

Note: Socks are optional. I wear my Dockers with my Sperry Topsiders "island style" without socks with no problems anywhere.

(Besides, where I live, socks are considered formal wear. ;))

Totally agree with the "nice jeans." We even saw them in Cagney's. The Summer Palace (main dining room) is considered the "no-jeans" restaurant on the Pearl.

When I cruised the Pearl last time I felt that I took to many docker styled pants. I noticed at just about every resturant men had on jeans. For my December cruise I'm bringing all jeans, and one pair of dockers for dress up or not night. After cruiseing with most lines I have to say I really love the relaxed style on NCL....just like going to a nice resturant back home.

Archived