? for all you hot natured people...

Terre

DH and I are pretty hot-natured and love our room to be chilly if not cold when we sleep. Do the air conditioners on X work pretty good? It's been a while since we've sailed with them and I can't remember. We usually bring a small fan just in case, but I'd rather not have to pack that if the air works good in the cabins.

DH and I are pretty hot-natured and love our room to be chilly if not cold when we sleep. Do the air conditioners on X work pretty good? It's been a while since we've sailed with them and I can't remember. We usually bring a small fan just in case, but I'd rather not have to pack that if the air works good in the cabins.

I am EXACTLY the same way and I can say YES! The first thing I do is come into the room and turn the thermostat down to the coolest there is. I try to even turn it more:D My husband thinks I am crazy but I love a cold cabin. And the lovely thing, most of the public spaces are pretty cool too. A lot of people I run into don't like this, but it works very well for me.

Wonderful!!!! Thank you for your reply. I'll leave the fan at home.:D You're right about most people...I keep reading on the boards where the dining room is too cold, take a sweater or jacket....but I've always thought the dining rooms were too warm!

LOL every cruise I have been on has been very comfortable in our state room.

I am in that stage of life where "Power Surges" are very common ( I know to much information) but bear with me.

I keep the thermostat on 68 degrees at home winter and summer.

I don't think you will have a problem.

Just in case I pack a very small fan, about 8 inches that run on batteries and I would pull that out if I needed it but I never have on a cruise, I have used it in hotels a lot.

Thanks, Shirley...I can relate to those power surges! :D We keep our thermostat set on 70 year round, with ceiling fans going in the living room and bedroom 24-hrs.! Sounds like we'd get along...

DH and I keep our house in the fifties when we're alone in the house, higher if there are others who are not as 'hot' visiting. We love to snuggle under down comforters and have three large hairy dogs, which also explains alot.

We ALWAYS travel with a small foldup fan which runs off batteries or AC. And there are nights on the cruise when even the coolest setting in the room just isn't cool enough. I hesitate to mention, but will, how invaluable that fan was when I had the dreaded norovirus on a 10 day Mercury cruise--three days of hell would have been much worse if we hadn't had the fan between my hot sweats and cold chills.

I say take the fan--it's not worth being the least bit uncomfortable on your cruise! Just take one less pair of shoes (I've got shoes down to one pair for evening/semiformal, one pair sneakers, beach thongs, and flat casual sandals--I wear the sneakers home if space is at a premium in my suitcase!)

Cool/cold cabins and public spaces.......perfect for when I have to put on "the suit" or "tux" for those almost formal/formal nights that elicit such a response on these boards.

Honestly, I can live with any dress code as long as my cabin and the dining room/bars/theatres etc. are cool enough that I am COMFORTABLE

in my monkey suit and not sweating like a high schooler on a first date. Ladies, I do understand that your fashions usually/can include bare shoulders/arms, so please bring/use a wrap/shawl if you want so we poor men will wear our formal suits of armour without complaint.

May your martinis be bottomless.

Ken:)

We like the room cool enough to hang meat in. We've found that how cool you can get the room depends on where it's located. Meaning the farther along you are on the heat run, the warmer it will be. Have had the ships engineers in to see if they could get it cooler a couple of times. Now we always travel with a fan. Take yours, it's always better to be prepared.

Archived