Do all ov and balcony cabins hold 3 people

ccc321

The reason I ask is because there are great residency rates for my upcoming cruise so I'd love to upgrade, but the discount only shows when I do a dummy booking for 2. There are 3 of us in the cabin and we're sailing on Explorer. If not, at least we can save $100 sc rates for my mom.

The reason I ask is because there are great residency rates for my upcoming cruise so I'd love to upgrade, but the discount only shows when I do a dummy booking for 2. There are 3 of us in the cabin and we're sailing on Explorer. If not, at least we can save $100 sc rates for my mom.

Best to call RCI 'cause even if a cabin can hold 3 the total quests booked on the ship may mean two per cabin for all of the remaining cabins reguardless of capacity. It's about the life boats :)

The residency rate will apply to EVERYONE in the room, it is for YOUR exact category, say an "F" or what ever it is? If yes then CALL NOW. The drop will only apply to first and second people though. It does not matter the number of people only the category. Hope this makes sense

Thanks for the replies. The residency discount is not for the cat I'm in so I'd like to upgrade to that cat but only if the cabin will hold the 3 of us.

What you say about the lfeboats makes sence. Maybe I'll let my TA figure it out.

Thanks

Not all cabins hold 3 people. Also, sometimes even if cabins are available that will hold 3 or more people, they won't let more than 2 people book them because the ship has hit maximum capacity.

The only way to tell if there is a cabin available to upgrade to - at a discounted rate - is to do a dummy booking for 3 people.

Not all cabins hold 3 people. Also, sometimes even if cabins are available that will hold 3 or more people, they won't let more than 2 people book them because the ship has hit maximum capacity.

The only way to tell if there is a cabin available to upgrade to - at a discounted rate - is to do a dummy booking for 3 people.

Right, but if I was upgrading from a different cabin, the occupancy would not change.

Right, but if I was upgrading from a different cabin, the occupancy would not change.

the system though doesn't know you are already booked in a different room to keep the occupancy the same. So if the ship has hit max occupancy it will not show any triple availability. Why don't you call and just be pretending to book. Do NOT tell them you already have a reservation and see if they come up with any triples. If not then they are no longer selling them.

Thanks for the replies. The residency discount is not for the cat I'm in so I'd like to upgrade to that cat but only if the cabin will hold the 3 of us.

What you say about the lfeboats makes sence. Maybe I'll let my TA figure it out.

Thanks

The NY residency discount for OV and Balcony cabins on Explorer showing currently for Feb.13/09 is for D3 only and no D3 on this ship have beds to accommodate a third pax according to the deck plan. If you look at the deck plan you will see some cabins have symbols in them and there is a list indicating what this symbols represent.

e.g. * for 3rd pullman bed, triangle for sofabed, solid diamond for sofa bed and 3rd pullman bed, cross for 3rd and 4th pullman beds. The only other NY residency discount is for Q inside guarantee.

The NY residency discount for OV and Balcony cabins on Explorer showing currently for Feb.13/09 is for D3 only and no D3 on this ship have beds to accommodate a third pax according to the deck plan. If you look at the deck plan you will see some cabins have symbols in them and there is a list indicating what this symbols represent.

e.g. * for 3rd pullman bed, triangle for sofabed, solid diamond for sofa bed and 3rd pullman bed, cross for 3rd and 4th pullman beds. The only other NY residency discount is for Q inside guarantee.

However, those symbols and deck plans are not always correct. Best to call if you want to be sure.

Thanks. We've decided to stay where we are. We are in a connecting room w dm and dn. Got mom a senior discount and figured the conecting doors will make the room feel bigger and it probably isn't worth losing access to 2 bathrooms. I'm just soooo confused!

However, those symbols and deck plans are not always correct. Best to call if you want to be sure.

I hate to tell you this but I've gotten misinformation concerning our cruises from RC's CVPs. I recall reading once here on CC where a RC CVP had booked three in a double only cabin and guess what, the ship was full. The third person was a child but parent still had to pay for three in a double cabin. I've checked four different deck plan sources online and several printed ones from RCCI and all show same information. Also if you do a dummy booking for three only E1 balcony cabins are available for three for that date. I guess it is a moot point now.

Archived