Carnival Tulum Excursion?

Embre

I have booked the Tulum excursion through Carnival. It doesn't start until 1:00 pm: can anyone tell me how they work this? Do we have to re-board the ship for the excursion, meet at a designated spot at the dock? I know they will leave the "tickets" for the excursion in my room in advance, but will we get any sort of instruction as to when and where to go?

This has me a little concerned I don't know what to expect, on my last cruise the excursions I did through carnival met in the lounge at the time of docking in port and left directly from the ship. We will be in Coz. around 5 hours before the excursion is scheduled to begin.

We are doing Carnival Feb 14 and are considering the Tulam Excursion. What one did you take and whats the cost. Do you know if this requires much walking or not. Thanks

The cost was $79 pp (thru carnival). I can't say for sure regarding walking because I haven't been yet, my assumption however is that there is walking involved in exploring the ruins themselves, and of course going down to the beach if that is something you would want to do. The trip to the site is aboard a "bus" though.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to take the Tulum tour from Carnival too, but notice there is 2 scheuled time I can choose, one start at 8:30am and another is 1:00pm. Double check the website...:D

BTW, my cruiser stop there on Jan. 2009, which could be alittle bit different base on the cruise line...

I'm going to take the Tulum tour from Carnival too, but notice there is 2 scheuled time I can choose, one start at 8:30am and another is 1:00pm. Double check the website...:D

BTW, my cruiser stop there on Jan. 2009, which could be alittle bit different base on the cruise line...

Well I'll be....I didn't even notice that when I booked :o...lol. Calling to change time for excursion now. Thanks

Just an fyi on a trip to Tulum -- You will need to get from the ship to the ferry pier, catch the ferry from Coz to Playa del Carmen, then a bus to Tulum, then a bit of walking to take in all the sights. You will then get back on the bus to PDC, catch the ferry back to Coz and then get back to your ship. Could be a long day.

Archived