Free upgrade from inside to balcony?

afilbrun

We are booked Dec. 11 with an inside cabin. Rooms are not filling up it looks like, with lots of balcony rooms still available. Could I call and ask for a free upgrade to a balcony? Anyone ever do this?

Very rare... they will likely start upgrading those with lower balconies to higher balconies, maybe some OV's to balconies, and then they will drop the lower category cabins to move them quick... it could happen, but it's not common. You could call, but I've never heard of anyone calling and getting that kind of upgrade. Good luck!!

I was booked (through Carnival) for an inside room for a Dec. 6 sailing. Last week, Carnival called, offering to upgrade me to a balcony room for $100 pp. Probably most of the balconies still available for upgrade will go to people who pay a little for the upgrade, or to people with guarantee rooms.

We kept an eye on rates for our group for many months. We found a resident rate and called our TA to get the lower rate. One couple that is going with us paid $1.32 extra and got upgraded from 4A to 8G. We had paid for a 6A and they upgraded us to an 8G at no extra cost. Another couple in our group had already been upgraded from an 8A to 8C, but called and asked for a reduction since the CA resident rates were a lot lower than what she paid. So she got a $300 OBC. So it does not hurt to ask and check prices. I learned that from these wonderful boards.

While it certainly could happen, it is rare. They will upgrade balcony to balcony, inside to inside, then reduce the price on the less desirable cabins.

They are still sailing with 100% occupancy. Carnival is a master at marketing and selling. Their bottom line depends upon full ships and they'll do what is necessary to fill the cabins.

I was wondering the same thing. We are a group of 52 traveling on the Triumph in Jan. We all either booked gty balconies or insides except for a couple who booked an ocean view. We ALL got upgraded to the Lido deck, except for them, obviously. They are on deck 2. I thought of maybe emailing Carnival to see if they could be maybe upgraded to an obstructed view on another deck, of course not on the lido deck. I just think it would be nice for them as this is their first cruise to see that upgrades do occur. Dont misunderstand, they have not complained or even questioned it. They are just so happy to be on their first cruise. I was just wondering if it was possible to ask for this.

Archived