Lodging Denali/Seward-Need Recommendations- no car

sallygal2

Thanks for all who help us!! I am in need of moderate ($200.or less)lodging for hubby & I. Also need free shuttle from rail depot and Denali Park entry. Anyone stay at the Denali Cabins? Our stay will be early Sept 2009.

In Seward I am thinking of either the Windsong Lodge or Breeze Inn.Again shuttle to area attractions & cruise ship dock. Any thoughts??

The Breeze Inn is located in the small boat harbor, right across from where the wildlife cruises depart, a long block from the train depot, less than a mile from the cruise ship dock and a walkable 1.5 miles to downtown.

The Windsong is located out of town with shuttles available if you like being on their schedule, nothing is walkable, will be ALOT less convenient than the Breeze, no ocean views, and more expensive.

I wouldn't limit yourself to having a place with a shuttle. Taxis are cheap.

Marina Motel, Murphy's Motel, Whistlestop Lodging (a converted railcar) and Safari Lodge are a few more close/walkable to the harbor, yet lower priced. Holiday Inn is also in the boat harbor and the newest of them all.

Archived