Price Reduction @ LaQuinta

cruzfiend

I was looking to book here pre-cruise because they offered free airport and cruiseport shuttle. Do they have a shuttle postcruise? They have great rates, but if I have to pay for a cab to get back to the hotel, I mine as well stay close to the beach and get the cab to the airport the next morning.

Just wondering if you are pre or post cruise and what your transportation plans are....

Thanks,

Chris

I had the price of my room go down for the 24th of January. I called, and they adjusted it. Just for your information:):)

I noticed that it went down as well. Did you use the USAROL discount? I thought I would need to cancel and re-reserve, but if I can just call for the cheaper price that would be easier. Thanks!

I noticed that it went down as well. Did you use the USAROL discount? I thought I would need to cancel and re-reserve, but if I can just call for the cheaper price that would be easier. Thanks!

I logged into my reservation online using my confirmation number, and was able to change it that way. Am staying at the La Quinta Cypress Creek, and am now on an average nightly rate of $65 using the USTBLE discount!

I got the LaQuinta East by the airport for $59.25 using the USTBLE rate. Do I need to show anything to get that rate?? What does the USAROL rate stand for? Still looking for a place post cruise. I'd like to stay where there is something to do around the hotel. Then take a cab to the airport the next day. Do any area hotels offer free transport from cruise to hotel??

Thanks,

Chris

I got the LaQuinta East by the airport for $59.25 using the USTBLE rate. Do I need to show anything to get that rate?? What does the USAROL rate stand for? Still looking for a place post cruise. I'd like to stay where there is something to do around the hotel. Then take a cab to the airport the next day. Do any area hotels offer free transport from cruise to hotel??

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

From what I've been reading you don't need to show anything to the discount rate. I know that the 1st discount code is for U S Table Tennis, but not sure what the other's for.

I'll also go out on a limb and mention that this particular hotel has gotten, many, unfavorable reviews. Not just the usual, that the bed was uncomfortable or there weren't enough towels, but that the place was dirty, grungy, was in an unsafe area, etc.

Again, just an FYI...

Chris,

I'll also go out on a limb and mention that this particular hotel has gotten, many, unfavorable reviews. Not just the usual, that the bed was uncomfortable or there weren't enough towels, but that the place was dirty, grungy, was in an unsafe area, etc.

Again, just an FYI...

What location are you refering to here? The La Quinta in FLL (airport) is great. We stayed here this past Janurary.

It was the LaQuinta Miami Airport East...$59.25 with discount. Sounds like some bad reviews coming in??? I won't get to the hotel until about 10pm. Just need a place to sleep and get me to the ship.

I'd like a nicer place for post cruise. I don't want to spend a fortune shuttling from ship to hotel and then hotel to airport next day for early flight!

Chris

P.S. Just got finished with early Thanks. dinner...I'm stuffed!

It was the LaQuinta Miami Airport East...$59.25 with discount. Sounds like some bad reviews coming in??? I won't get to the hotel until about 10pm. Just need a place to sleep and get me to the ship.

I just stayed at this hotel pre-cruise a few weeks ago and the hotel is fine. Not a 5* hotel but I didn't have any issues, my room was clean & the bed was comfortable. Although there are no places to eat nearby I had flyers from at least 6 different places that deliver to the hotel slipped under my door.

My main reason for selecting this hotel was for the free shuttle service both from the airport and to the port. I signed up for the first shuttle scheduled to leave for the port at 11am. We left just a little after 11. Although I wouldn't stay there if I was visiting Miami for an extended period of time (mainly because there's nothing nearby) I would stay there pre-cruise again.

I would just like to add my "2 cents" to the previous post. We stayed at the LQ Miami Airport East in September pre cruise and it was fine. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and the breakfast was more than adequate. We got in late and ordered pizza from one of the fliers (was very reasonable). We also took the chance and booked it because of the shuttle services. I don't think it would be a good choice if you have a lot of time to kill, did not see anything around. We used the USTBL (something like that) code for our September cruise and are using the USAROL code (it has something do do with rollerskating or rollerblading) for our January cruise. They did not ask for any "proof". The impression I got from other threads is that these codes are basically for anyone.

Somebody on Cruise Critic for my TA sailing in April told me I needed to call and book a room if i wanted to leave my car there during the cruise. So we did that. Now I find that the USAROL discount takes about $15. off the cost when done online. There is no online record of the confirmation number I got directly from La Quinta East booked through the front desk, so basically I now have two rooms reserved for next April. If I call the front desk to cancel the first reservation I made several months ago can I just tell them about my new reservation?

Archived