Elegant night, Jeans vs. Denim

Rouge Wave

If only the women that wore the undersized long prom dresses and wore the stinky perfume, looked and smelled like the women in the pictures.........................................

You know the thing is when I see everyone dressed up, I see the little kids and folks getting their pictures taken and stop sometimes when I see some especially cute kids that are so irrestible to look and smile. I cant remember a single of the folks that was unattractive. I dont concentrate on them nor do I think the way you do about them. I might think they are less fortunate. I also am old enough to know some have walking problems and doing the best they can and some cant wear heels any more.

Maybe you will grow into a more tolerant nature, one hopes.

PS Im not one who cares what anyone else wears, I do care when you justify it by saying cruel things about others to make yourself feel whatever you do is ok. Try and concentrate on the folks that look great. I see some older person all dressed up and I go up and compliment them, that they can still do it and they will tell me its a dress they can fit into still or again from 25 years ago and Im happy for them. Its your mindset that you are showing us that folks are reacting to, not the jeans, at least in my case. I like jeans too.

Denim is Denim is Denim whether it's $12 at Walmart or the fancy $300 bejeweled flavor. Bottom line...all this looks very "Cousin Eddie(ish)...JMO.

Thank you for that. I was trying to find a nice way to express that sentiment without sounding like an elitist jerkbag. But hey, if someone wants to go to dinner looking like Cousin Eddie, please don't forget the nice whitewalls and don't mind if I smirk a bit as you pass. I'm sure you're doing the same thing while checking out what I wear so it's all good.

Thank you for that. I was trying to find a nice way to express that sentiment without sounding like an elitist jerkbag. But hey, if someone wants to go to dinner looking like Cousin Eddie, please don't forget the nice whitewalls and don't mind if I smirk a bit as you pass. I'm sure you're doing the same thing while checking out what I wear so it's all good.

Always best to let someone else sound like an E JB. Oops, perhaps I spoke too soon. Uh, no, I don't check out what others are wearing. I'll leave that to the others who get off on voyeurism.

Always best to let someone else sound like an E JB. Oops, perhaps I spoke too soon.

The only thing better than an elitist jerkbag is a self-righteous one.

Uh, no, I don't check out what others are wearing. I'll leave that to the others who get off on voyeurism.

Really? I find that incredibly hard to believe. You must be down-right superhuman.

The only thing better than an elitist jerkbag is a self-righteous one.

Really? I find that incredibly hard to believe. You must be down-right superhuman.

The fashion police are both.

Really. The fashion police always think others share their obsession. What others wear is of no concern to me.

The fashion police are both.

Really. The fashion police always think others share their obsession. What others wear is of no concern to me.

Oh, it doesn't concern me, but I freely admit I like to look. ;) A little eye candy never hurt anyone, as it isn't malicious.

Wow - jeans are made of denim - but denim is not necessarily jeans! Honestly, if you want to wear a denim outfit - go for it - it honestly won't spoil my dinner for me at all. If someone is so uptight that they wouldn't enjoy their dinner with a denim clad person next to them, perhaps they should eat in their cabin - or go on a ship with a restaurant where they have to pay extra for their food, maybe there someone in a denim outfit would be turned away. Personally, I won't be wearing denim on Elegant Nights, but if you are, so be it!

I think Rogue missed my point. I agree that not all denim is jeans .. and not all jeans are denim.

The first man's suit in the original post does not say jeans to me. The women's outfits and the other man's suit do say jeans to me.

This is denim .. it doesn't say jeans ( I still wouldn't wear it for elegant night)

100079010.jpg

I think it is all in the style. If you want to wear the jeans style in the dining room on elegant, that is your option. I personally would not. I would however wear denim as a part of an outfit or accent.

Hmmm, She has the newly divorced woman next door look about her.... :-)

I can see it now, the dining room has just opened, People are being seated for formal night:

<First in line> Ladies!, YOU ARE DRESSED IN DENIM FOR FORMAL NIGHT... You WILL NOT be seated!! However if you like, the Buffet is open for your enjoyment or you can go back to your cabin and change into something appropriate for this evenings dress.

pg7_e.jpg

image_medium.jpg

<Next in line> A woman ..... who of course is seated promptly……….. she meets ALL the requirments of formal night dress.

e6293f6dc7718735630612e9a4aab53d.image.112x166.jpg

ROFLMAO...

(dude...your avatar is really disturbing....)

Yes, and this from the guy who made his fortune playing outstanding heavy rock while dressed in makeup and has a 12 inch long tongue......

I’ll take that as a complement! J

Yes, and this from the guy who made his fortune playing outstanding heavy rock while dressed in makeup and has a 12 inch long tongue......

I’ll take that as a complement! J

Hey now...there was also all the kiss memorabilia and let's not forget the kiss condoms (Gene be a smart bidnessman - but he needs to dump shannon ;))

ROFLMAO.

Since this is made out of Denim, (and perhaps some Silicone) I'll bet she has a little coin pocket on the right side and two pockets in back, so that makes this... well, .. err, hmmm, Jeans.

denim_dress.jpg

I can see it now, the dining room has just opened, People are being seated for formal night:

<First in line> Ladies!, YOU ARE DRESSED IN DENIM FOR FORMAL NIGHT... You WILL NOT be seated!! However if you like, the Buffet is open for your enjoyment or you can go back to your cabin and change into something appropriate for this evenings dress.

pg7_e.jpg

image_medium.jpg

<Next in line> A woman ..... who of course is seated promptly……….. she meets ALL the requirments of formal night dress.

e6293f6dc7718735630612e9a4aab53d.image.112x166.jpg

Does that last lady happen to have on flip flops? :eek:

<< Yes Sir, Madam, I understand, but I will not be able to seat you tonight, you do not meet the rules of this evenings dress code…. <<< Yes, I understand it is a Tux, … << Yes of course a Tux is very acceptable, but I am afraid I still can’t seat you. You will need to change. << Yes, I understand it fire retardant, I still am not able to seat you… if you like… the buff…..

<< Sir, Jeans are not allowed in the Dining Room on formal night, excuse me Elegent night, your Tux is made out of Denim, Madam, as is your cocktail dress…..

<<Sir, see, this device? It was once a breathalyzer, but some folks from CC who were very concerned that “Unsavory types of cruisers” might try to wear Jeans into the Dining Room on Elegant night, << yes CC, Cruise Critic, yes, people from that web site pitched in and paid to have the device converted so it now checks for Denim, and your Tux is made out of Denim…. As is your cocktail dress Madam…

<< Sir, I am so sorry, I cannot seat you, it is against the rules. Perhaps if you returned to your cabin and changed, and of course the buffet is open for you as well……

<< Sir, Jeans are made out of denim therefore what you are wearing are Jeans. << Yes Sir, I understand, people, experts, in the clothing industry say Jeans can be made out of many materials, << Yes they are the experts, but they are splitting hairs. Everyone knows that people who wear Denim, Excuse me, Jeans, to Eleagent night are droll.

<< Sir, Madam, none-the-less, my Denimlyzer says your are in-fact wearing Denim and thus you are wearing Jeans and the RULES say I can not seat you in the Dining Room this evening, Elegant night….. because you are wearing Jeans….

<< Sir Madam, if I seat you while you are wearing Jeans it could ruin the whole cruise for everyone else,........... You don't want that do you??

<< Yes Sir, Madam, Thank-you for your understanding, I hope to see you tomorrow night.

rihanna_300x400.jpg1971,72_winter_GQ_p112_cropped2.jpg

Archived