Miami Port Parking

Dancyalien

I have been spoiled as I used to live in New York and had family near by to drop me off at the pier. Now, my DH and I live in Tampa. We took a 3nt cruise out of Miami. It was $20 per day for parking. Not to bad since it was only 3 nights, but that could really add up doing a longer cruise.

Does anyone know of any satalite parking or any ways of reducing this cost?

I have been spoiled as I used to live in New York and had family near by to drop me off at the pier. Now, my DH and I live in Tampa. We took a 3nt cruise out of Miami. It was $20 per day for parking. Not to bad since it was only 3 nights, but that could really add up doing a longer cruise.

Does anyone know of any satalite parking or any ways of reducing this cost?

sorry, i live in Miami and can tell you from experience that since 9-11 cars parked unattended for a long time is a no no. even at the airport, you have to register your car before you get to leave it for extended parking. they have also move all of the rental car companies out of the airport and ship terminal areas. sorry ;=(

Look into hotels in the Miami areas that have a park and cruise option where you can stay a night or so pre-cruise and then be able to register your car to leave there for no extra chage for up to two weeks. Do a search of this board and you should find several. They cannot totally guarantee the safety of your vehicle, however, so be aware of that.

sorry, i live in Miami and can tell you from experience that since 9-11 cars parked unattended for a long time is a no no. even at the airport, you have to register your car before you get to leave it for extended parking. they have also move all of the rental car companies out of the airport and ship terminal areas. sorry ;=(

I don't think they expected to just leave their car someplace. Also, what airport requires you to register a car before parking it? I travel alot and never heard of such a thing. I have parked at many airports and never had to do anything (other than pay when we left).

And, car rental agencies that have moved off airport are due to cost and space limitations.

Archived