Jacksonville/Bermuda 7-Day?

copvet

We live outside of Charlotte, NC and is only a 6 hour drive to Jacksonville for us. We've cruised out of Jacksonville on the Celebration, but have been to the Bahamas numerous times and would love a chance to visit Bermuda. It's on our list of cruises to be taken, so count us in on a new Jax intinerary. Would LOVE it.

OP, you have just freaked me out! I was purusing the boards daydreaming of my next cruise in January, (out of JAX for the 1st time) and how excited we are to go to Bermuda (out of Boston) in the spring. I clicked on this posting to find your thread signed by Wayne & Debbie. How cool, my name is Debbie and hubby is Wayne!!

We live in Orlando and would love to cruise to Bermuda from Jax....Went to Bermuda for the 1st time this past October out of NYC and would definitely go back if Jax was the port. Hopefully, it would be a 7 night cruise.

Back from another meeting tonight on the proposed new terminal. The City Council will hear additional opinions from the public at it's meeting December 9th. We will try to be there to voice our support. We have been residents of the Beach since 1956 so we have seen all the changes over the years. Some positive. Some negative. This would surely be a positive.

Woodfaerie: We won't forget you guys any time soon!:D

Wayne & Debbie

I think a 7 day from JAX would be wonderful, but I don't think Bermuda is realistic. The closest comparison is the NCL Majesty from Charleston, and they take 46 hours to get there, and 43.5 to get back, and with JAX being a bit farther, I think they could not arrive (leaving Sat. 4PM) until 5-6PM Monday, and would have to leave Thursday morning. So you would only have two full days and the first evening in port. There would not be time for any other port. Unfortunately, it seems most cruisers want fewer sea days and more port time so I think after an inaugural season, they would have trouble filling the ship on that itinerary. We have wonderful ports on the east coast, but just not enough places within range without doing 10,12 or 14 day cruises. Not that I would have any trouble with that...And I have been to Bermuda on Celebrity, and had a great time. EM

How successful do you think a weekly seven day cruise to Bermuda from Jacksonville would be? We have heard through the business grapevine that it is being considered once the cruise terminal in Jacksonville is relocated out to Mayport (less then 1-mile to ocean). What are your thoughts?

Wayne & Debbie

I for one would love it. I don't care for the Bahama's and have never been to Bermuda. Mayport might not be the best area now, but I bet a cruise terminal would help the area and it is easy to stay at the beaches to cruise from mayport. I will miss going over the Danes Point bridge and seeing the fantail right there. My car always wants to turn to go to the port when the ship is in port;).

I think like many others, that any 7 day itinerary out of JaxPort would sell well. However, I also think a single itinerary to Bermuda only, would be short lived, as people will look for other itineraries after taking the Bermuda cruise.

I would suggest that they alternate between Bermuda and a another itinerary that skips Nassau, and maybe stops at a private island and then to San Juan or somewhere in that vicinity.

jw:cool:

Thanks to all of you for your comments. We will forward them to our contact in JPA on or about Monday, December 08th. So keep them coming. If any of you do not want your comments read by JPA let us know so that we can pull them out of the printout. Lot's of "behind the doors" things are happening right now so keep your fingers crossed.

Even From here above Tampa, Jacksonville would be super convenient for Bermuda and/or Bahamas. However, I'm suspecting that NCL has Bermuda pretty well wrapped-up, with LARGE investments in the Island/economy, such that there may not be much "desire" on Bermuda's part for another ship porting there weekly. Ken

We live in Tennessee and don't like to fly. We've driven to Port Canaveral, Tampa, Mobile and NOLA for cruises.... we would SO be there for a Bermuda cruise.

I lived in Nassau when I was younger, and since my grandmother passed away I don't feel the need to go there anymore (too sad without her there). I've always wanted to go to Bermuda. We've cruised to the same places more than once, so would most likely cruise to Bermuda more than once, too. Hope this works out.... we're there! :)

I would love to cruise out of Jacksonville. I live in Camden SC and that is so much closer than Port CanaveraL.

I would love to cruise out of Charleston but they don't have that many Carnival ships there.

Beverly, Camden, SC

I live in California and would love to cruise out of Jacksonville to Bermuda. It takes a lot to get me to fly anymore. I had looked at ships to Bermuda, but they all seemed to leave from the northeast or NY. I would not take a flight to either location.

I like the longer cruises. I for one prefer more ship days than stops. I know looking at other schedules that ships sometimes go to different ports in Bermuda.

Yes I would diffently take a longer cruise leaving from Jacksonville. The 5 day and shorter cruises are not my cup of tea. I have no desire to go to Nassau or Key West.

How successful do you think a weekly seven day cruise to Bermuda from Jacksonville would be? We have heard through the business grapevine that it is being considered once the cruise terminal in Jacksonville is relocated out to Mayport (less then 1-mile to ocean). What are your thoughts?

Wayne & Debbie

I think it be a great boon to Jacksonville's economy to relocate the terminal and offer cruises to Bermuda! I am fairly new to cruising but not to Florida. I generally drive from TN to my ports of departure and JAX would be a breeze. I would be one of the first to sign up for that cruise!!!

Archived