An unexpected great day

mimi'sgirl

We were there unexpectly 2 weeks ago. Due to a hurricane that we could not cross. Our Eastern Disney Magic cruise became a Western cruise with stops at Cozumel and Costa Maya. Not knowing what to do we walked around the port and asked a shop keeper if there was a beach nearby. A $12 cab ride for 4 and 5min. later we were at a beautiful beach. They did not charge for chairs or umbrellas. We purchased some food and beers. Everyone we encountered was friendly and wonderful. We were not approached by anyone selling anything on the beach. The water was shallow and calm. A few people were snorkeling farther out. It was a great relaxing day. I urge you to not stay on the ship but to go and enjoy this beach.

We were there unexpectly 2 weeks ago. Due to a hurricane that we could not cross. Our Eastern Disney Magic cruise became a Western cruise with stops at Cozumel and Costa Maya. Not knowing what to do we walked around the port and asked a shop keeper if there was a beach nearby. A $12 cab ride for 4 and 5min. later we were at a beautiful beach. They did not charge for chairs or umbrellas. We purchased some food and beers. Everyone we encountered was friendly and wonderful. We were not approached by anyone selling anything on the beach. The water was shallow and calm. A few people were snorkeling farther out. It was a great relaxing day. I urge you to not stay on the ship but to go and enjoy this beach.

I remember seeing your ship in port with us at Cozumel. I'm so glad you had the same experience we did in Costa Maya' date=' it certainly was a nice surprise to be there so soon after they've reopened!

Here is the link to my review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=875949

Ms B

Here's a stupid question.....do any of the restaurants provide beach towels or is this something that I should pack? I'm assuming the cruise ship doesn't want passengers taking their towels off the boat.

Archived