What is the strangest outfit you have seen while cruising?

What is the strangest outfit you have seen while cruising?

While looking through some Mariner pics on another site, I just saw a woman all decked out in her formal dress. The dress was black and had a see-thru mesh top that dropped to her cleavage. What made her outfit so unusual was the fact that she was wearing her husbands very long tie around her neck. The tie dropped to below her cleavage. I wonder what she was trying to hide? icon_biggrin.gif

Besides speedo's, seen any unusual attire on your cruise.

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Once on a ship there was a group that did a "theme" every night.

One night one of the men in the group dressed up as the Captain. He went table to table in the dining room trying to act like he was the Captain introducing himself. That was the most tasteless thing I have ever seen anyone wear. I would have rather seen someone come in naked. It was rude and never should have been allowed.

Bobbie

Voyager of the Seas in....

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;5;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Adventure of the Seas 2-03

Enchantment of the Seas 3-03

Majesty of the Seas 5-03

Adventure of the Seas 9-03

Sovereign of the Seas 11-03

Sovereign of the Seas 1-04

Grandeur of the Seas 3-04

My albums can be viewed with this link...

http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/

Several years ago I saw on a crystal cruise a young guy on formal evening wearing a tailcoat tuxedo and even white gloves with it. Looking down to his shoes I recognized he was wearing sneakers. In my eyes this was kind a strange combination.

First pics of the undocking of the Jewel of the Seas:

http://community.webshots.com/album/125049819TVWuuS

Jewel of the Seas left Meyerwerft Shipyard

See Photos of River Ems passage

http://community.webshots.com/album/131001309cIkOdH

Jewel of the Seas - 05/28/04 Scandinavia / Russia / Baltic

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;05;28;7;20;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Jewel of the Seas - 09/28/04 Canada / New England

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;09;28;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

09/2003 - Legend of the Seas Hawaii

06/2003 - Norwegian Dawn Florida and Bahamas

2002 - MS Columbus - Cruise to nowhere

2001 - Grandeur of the Seas Mediterranean and Transatlantic

2000 - Splendour of the Seas Transatlantic

2000 - Viking Star on the Danube River

1999 - Vision of the Seas Panamacanal cruise

1998 - Vision of the Seas Transatlantic

1997 - Crystal Symphonie to Mexican Riviera

1996 - Delta Queen on the Mississippi

1995 - Legend of the Seas to Alaska

On the Transatlantic crossing this woman from France wore THE most bizarre outfit on formal night.

It was a white guazy (sp?) material, long flowy top and trousers. Then she had this HUGE fur vest on that had a huge pile to it, like fox fur.

I said she looked like she was wearing a live animal on her upper body. My DH said she looked like Conan the Barbarian!!!

Peggy - RCI since 1973

On our last cruise, there was a man who wore overalls every single day. I fear it was the same pair. No shirt underneath, just overalls. Day after day after day. Never saw him in the dining room but in the Horizon Court (this was a Princess trip), on excursions, out by the pool, you name it, overalls. It was actually rather disturbing by the end of the week.

Well....hi Linny!!

On the Song of America there was a woman hanging aroudn the pool bars all the time...we nicknamed her "seashell lady"...use your imagination!

Song of America 1996 spring

Song of America 1996 fall

Song of America 1997

Song of America 1998

Soveriegn of the Seas 1998

Monarch of the Seas 2001

Zandaam 2002

Mariner of the Seas 12/14/2003

Mariner of the Seas 04/24/04

On the Norway once, there were 3 European woman of age and some size that were in bras and panties(thongs) at the pool. They kept taking their bras off to put sunscreen on themselves every now and again. Someone must have complained because they kept sending girls from the staff out to talk to them. My dad was on the cruise with us and I was in charge of waking him up when they broke the sunscreen out. I've twice seen guys on formal night in those screen printed tuxedo tshirts. One lady had this multi-colored ball cap she wore all of the time even with her formal gown. Another couple in the exact same clothes every day and night for 7 days(could have lost their luggage). And last but not least there was a woman who wore dockers every night including formal who would sit "indian style" on her dining room chair. Strange indeed.

13 cruises I won't bore you with them all

Pending: Fantasy(5/4),Mariner(9/04),Splendour(2/05

http://community.webshots.com/user/bld24

The tuxedo T-shirt was a funny touch on a Pride cruise. On the Grand Princess an overwieght woman wore a black thong that barely covered anything. When she got into the oor games it DIDN'T cover anything! She wore this all over the ship with a black see through drape all week long.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;6;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till Mariner

Queen Elizabeth 1963

Florida 1966

Mardi Gras 1980

Holiday 1982

Tropicale 1999

Pride 2002

Grand Princess 2003

Mariner 2004

LMAO!!! Little early for xmas, huh!

Song of America 1996 spring

Song of America 1996 fall

Song of America 1997

Song of America 1998

Soveriegn of the Seas 1998

Monarch of the Seas 2001

Zandaam 2002

Mariner of the Seas 12/14/2003

Mariner of the Seas 04/24/04

I went on a Carnival cruise about 5 years ago that had a Star Trek convention onboard. They pretty much kept to themselves, and on most nights wore some sort of t-shirt that said Star Trek or looked like a crew costume. But on the formal night they arrived in full costume with big hair or hats or off the wall creature/alien masks. That was a little much...other guests were taking pictures like they were Disney characters or something!

Nanci

until we Serenade Alaska!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Ok - now that I've made sure nobody wrote about me . . . just kidding. Seriously though, my first cruise in January of 2002, on the Carnival Fantasy, there was this woman who wore purple leggings and a purple gauze "thing" over it - every single day and her travelling companion, a skinny (very) old guy (about 65'ish), wore bicycle shorts - yukky tight - a guido-style white tank top and a fanny pack - every day!

And of course, there are always the overweight people (myself included - just the overweight part) who have this undying need to wear string bikinis . . . WHY??????

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;11;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

till my Voyage of the Seas

Ok, I've thought of one more. We get in the elevator to go to dinner and there is a guy in a Wal-mart greeters vest on with nametag. I'm thinking ok, really really stange. It all made sense when the elevator stopped and two people in clown suits got on-it was halloween and I had forgotten.

13 cruises I won't bore you with them all

Pending: Fantasy(5/4),Mariner(9/04),Splendour(2/05

http://community.webshots.com/user/bld24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ok, I've thought of one more. We get in the elevator to go to dinner and there is a guy in a Wal-mart greeters vest on with nametag. I'm thinking ok, really really stange. It all made sense when the elevator stopped and two people in clown suits got on-it was halloween and I had forgotten.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!!! That reminded me of my son. He has a K-Mart worker's vest and made a name tag for it. I guess he's planning on wearing it Halloween. (He's almost 16!) He considers himself a comedian.

On our Carnival Destiny cruise, I saw 3 things: 1) A very overweight person in a string bikini; 2) People in bathrobes on formal night; and 3) Two guys getting turned away from the dining room on formal night who looked like they belonged to a rodeo. The ladies they were with were dressed properly. Come on, guys!

<font color="#0000CC" face="Lydian Csv BT" size="4">~~Shelia~~</font></p>

Sailing the Mariner in.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font color="#003399" face="Benguiat Bk BT">Carnival Destiny 2002</font>

Oh my gosh! I can't believe some of the things people have seen on their cruises.

Are there THAT many eccentric people who cruise?

...and what about wearing robes, and t-shirts, etc on formal nights.

I think they must be making 'a statement', do you think. I think it's just sad, especially since others spend much time and $ dressing up. But it does make for interesting reading on these boards...(I hope they are reading these these comments) (I guess that's why no-ones including pics, eh?)

icon_biggrin.gif

Grandeur of the Seas

05-31-04

It's not that strange but on our cruise in 2002, I saw a woman who was about 50 (give or take a few years) who weighed about 250lbs. in a bikini!! She was hanging out all over it. I'm not exactly slim but I wouldn't be caught dead in a bikini. Those days are over for me. The really sad thing was that there were other people whispering and laughing at her. It was really gross!!!

Happy Cruising

Patty

Okay, I have the most bizarre: We were on the Golden Princess and there was this guy who wore sparkly tops every nite. One night I was talking with him and he said, "Have you looked at my necklace?" It was long and looked like something from Mardi Gras. I focused in on the little ornaments and saw that they were all "male body parts!" All I could do was say, "Oh." Not very often I am virtually speechless, but this necklace sure did it to me.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Mark Twain

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;3;26;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till we sail Splendour of the Seas 3/26/05!

Century 3/20/04

Horizon 4/03

Golden Princess 3/30/02

Grandeur 4/01

Holiday 3/92

ok not too starnge but funny on our last cruise.. we sat with a lovely couple and we got along great sitting 2 tables over was another group of 4 that were 2 middle age guys and 2 very young 20 something girls... they even had BIG hair well everynight we laughed joked etc as we watched the girls flirt get drunker flirt more one couple even got engaged on the cruise so it was obviousthat they had known each other before the cruise. well anyway one night they came to dinner with that oops i just crawled out of bed pg13 look complete with bed head and were giggling and playing footsies when we noticed that the one girl with her back to us had a funny look to her we finally figured out what it was are you ready,....... she had her BRA on backwards and it was a push up kind with incerts!!!!! hubbie and the other guy at our table about chocked and then made it a challenge to see if they could see what the front looked like it had to look funny but we never got a look we were to busy laughing chocking to see.....

Would a man walking around the spa covered with mud and salts from head to toe and a towel wrapped around his waist fall classify as unusual?

ConnieKDWitchTransp.gif

Viking Serenade 7/91

Enchantment of the Seas - Eastern 9/02

Enchantment of the Seas - Western 9/02

Voyager of the Seas 11/03

Brilliance of the Seas 11/03

Mariner of the Seas 5/04

Archived