Booked with someone else and I'm ticked off

elainmir

:mad: I booked through a well know sight that starts with the second vowel in the alphabet. I've used them before for cars/hotels but this is the first for a cruise. When I booked I did so because of a 100 OBC offer. Well here I am roughly 9 days out from my cruise and still didnt see my OBC on the sight. I called Carnival who said call "you know who", you booked with them. I was told the agent screwed up and gave me a better rate that what I was trying to book so therefore my reservation doesnt qualify for the OBC. The girl I spoke with was nice but said there was nothing she could do, I'd have to pay more than 100 for the original rate to get the OBC. Which translated is a bunch of hogwash because someone there screwed up and now I must pay for it. I will never book through them again and would love to have a person who was honest and forthright to book with. Someone who is on our side as cruisers. If you know of anyone I'd love to know them. I'm booking an Alaskan cruise next year...maybe if I can find someone who does what they say they will!:mad:

Wow, that sucks. I would try to work up the chain of command at the TA to see if you can get someone to listen to you. If it was their mistake, they should do something to make it right.

Its against board policy to recommend any agency by name.

Good Luck

wow sorry didn't realize that , I knew you couldn't name other sites you weren't happy with but didnt realize you couldn't recommend other sites. Don't want to get in trouble, its just hard to know WHO is legit and not about to go out of business and take your money, or makes promises they don't deliver. Ugh. Sorry I'm just disgusted.

:mad: I booked through a well know sight that starts with the second vowel in the alphabet. I've used them before for cars/hotels but this is the first for a cruise. When I booked I did so because of a 100 OBC offer. Well here I am roughly 9 days out from my cruise and still didnt see my OBC on the sight. I called Carnival who said call "you know who", you booked with them. I was told the agent screwed up and gave me a better rate that what I was trying to book so therefore my reservation doesnt qualify for the OBC. The girl I spoke with was nice but said there was nothing she could do, I'd have to pay more than 100 for the original rate to get the OBC. Which translated is a bunch of hogwash because someone there screwed up and now I must pay for it. I will never book through them again and would love to have a person who was honest and forthright to book with. Someone who is on our side as cruisers. If you know of anyone I'd love to know them. I'm booking an Alaskan cruise next year...maybe if I can find someone who does what they say they will!:mad:

IMO that's just one more reason to book yourself. Then if something get's screwed up you know who to get ahold of.

I look at those sites but end up booking directly with the cruiseline, works well for me

Well, if you got a better rate than you could have on Carnival, you are ahead of the game. Keep fighting for the OBC, and get what you can, but it could be worse, you could have paid Carnival's going rate? At least that's what I got from your post, that you got a better price instead of OBC.

Yes, its true, if you dont book thru Carnival they cant help you with the booking.

Quote:

Its against board policy to recommend any agency by name."

I may be missing something, but I read it twice, and I dont think she mentined anyone by name. Did I read it wrong?

Sorry for your bad luck and hope ya can get something resolved.

Sioux

. I will never book through them again and would love to have a person who was honest and forthright to book with. Someone who is on our side as cruisers. If you know of anyone I'd love to know them. I'm booking an Alaskan cruise next year...maybe if I can find someone who does what they say they will!:mad:

Quote:

Its against board policy to recommend any agency by name."

I may be missing something, but I read it twice, and I dont think she mentined anyone by name. Did I read it wrong?

Sorry for your bad luck and hope ya can get something resolved.

Sioux

The OP was looking for a TA to use in the future.

Yes I want someone to use in the future whose proven and does the best they can for their clients. I thought I had that with the site I booked with..NOT. I'm not going to keep fighting for the 100 OBC, in the name of customer service I feel they should have honored what I booked, I didnt screw up , they did. I'm just going to enjoy my cruise and move on. I won't ever use them again. I can tell you in checking some things out I find that you can only reserve a cabin for 4 PAX on the Triumph now not 5, so I guess I'll just get what I get and won't pitch a fit. I've got everyone in one cabin which saved me money so I'm not gonna gripe. My gripe really was with how the site promised something then didn't handle their mess up. I hate crappy customer service.

I've had good luck booking directly with my PVP.. He is almost always available, researches everything and lets me know if there are price drops, or offers available which I qualify for... :)

There is never a fee for changes, and access is easy just by calling the 1-800 # if you need help on a weekend or at night when your PVP is not available..:D

I've done it both ways, and with different TA's... I just feel more comfortable dealing direct, and my pricing is actually really, really close to what TA's are able to offer...;)

wow sorry didn't realize that , I knew you couldn't name other sites you weren't happy with but didnt realize you couldn't recommend other sites. Don't want to get in trouble, its just hard to know WHO is legit and not about to go out of business and take your money, or makes promises they don't deliver. Ugh. Sorry I'm just disgusted.

Well I can make a recommendation of sorts. The Travel Agent industry is like every other service industry, that is it is based on service. The best thing you can do if you want to use a TA, and not do it yourself is to find a local brick and mortar TA that you are comfortable with, you may not get all of the best specials that huge online agencies offer, but you will be working with someone who you will know, and who will know you and your likes and dislikes, and that you can learn to trust.

I'm not going to keep fighting for the 100 OBC, in the name of customer service I feel they should have honored what I booked, I didnt screw up , they did..

Dont give up, keep trying. Sometimes that squeky wheel does get the grease. dont let it ruin your cruise, you have the right idea there, but Id ask again for a supervisor.

I've always used TAs and never have problems. I usually do a screen shot of the offer. If it is over the phone I make them send me a detailed eMail. Then if I ever had issues i could call credit card company an get $ back for the part I got ripped off on. I've never used the same TA twice in a row. The last one I used went bankrupt but had charged my cruise directly to Carnival thank goodness. Even if they hadn't the credit card company would've had my back.

Good Luck

You know I have looked at several online agents in the past and when I compare their rates to the rates with the cruise line I find the cruise line is almost always cheaper. IMO to many people seem too concerned about OBC.Sure it's nice to get if you are not losing out on something even better like a better cabin for example. In other words you can't have your cake and eat it too. This is just my observation.:)

You know I have looked at several online agents in the past and when I compare their rates to the rates with the cruise line I find the cruise line is almost always cheaper. IMO to many people seem too concerned about OBC.Sure it's nice to get if you are not losing out on something even better like a better cabin for example. In other words you can't have your cake and eat it too. This is just my observation.:)

To get the lowest rate, you have to call or email the agency.

At times that applies to booking with a TA or with a PVP.

When you checked out other online sites for pricing exactly did you go about getting the price? Did you just check their search engine?

Since they aren't allowed to ADVERTISE cheaper pricing they should be exactly what the cruiseline site is showing.

I find it almost impossible to believe that travel agents are charging more than the cruiselines? Who in their right mind would use a travel agent if they charged more?

Just my 2 cents which isn't worth much in this economy.;)

Bill

Thats sad

When you checked out other online sites for pricing exactly did you go about getting the price? Did you just check their search engine?

Since they aren't allowed to ADVERTISE cheaper pricing they should be exactly what the cruiseline site is showing.

I find it almost impossible to believe that travel agents are charging more than the cruiselines? Who in their right mind would use a travel agent if they charged more?

Bill

There is a very popular online travel site that uses a gnome in advertising, that charges $19.95 per booking. So as a single cruiser, their price is $19.95 higher than what Carnival charges.

I use them to check prices, since their booking engine allows me to check dates and cruiselines much quicker.

Bill

That is what I thought also. I guess I did not research deep enough into it.:o

I've been tempted to book with online TAs, but I have an awesome PVP, he even calls me with price drops if he finds them first. It's just that I trust him and he makes it easy, and I've never been able to beat his price. That's the bottom line to me.

And that's why I'll continue booking my Carnival cruises through my Carnival Personal Vacation Planner. It's someone I've been dealing with for years, is knowledgeable, professional, good customer service, and I know exactly what to expect. No "surprises" or hidden charges. Usually I get the same rate as any other site out there, and if for some reason I don't, I'll pay the extra money gladly for the peace of mind of dealing with someone I trust.

I only know this because I have cruised so much. You cant get two discounts. Either you pay the higher cruise fare and get the OBC or you pay a lower cruise fare. You cant have both. Your TA should have told you this.

Dont fret over $100. You'll probably spend more on alcohol on board. :D

Well when I went to book Carnival had quoted me the same rate, but the other place had cheaper insurance and the OBC so stupidly I paid them the 15.oo booking fee only to be ripped off now. I'm truly ignorant when it comes to OBC's so I specifically asked many questions about them to the lady I booked with , my final question was " So I have the OBC of 100.oo right?" She said yes. :rolleyes:

I only know this because I have cruised so much. You cant get two discounts. Either you pay the higher cruise fare and get the OBC or you pay a lower cruise fare. You cant have both. Your TA should have told you this.

Thank you! Now that simple statement could've saved alot of heartburn...short, simple and sweet but gives you the option to CHOOSE. They never did that with me. She just booked and told me I had the OBC. Now I know. Thank you.

Archived