Booked with someone else and I'm ticked off

elainmir

:mad: I booked through a well know sight that starts with the second vowel in the alphabet. I've used them before for cars/hotels but this is the first for a cruise. When I booked I did so because of a 100 OBC offer. Well here I am roughly 9 days out from my cruise and still didnt see my OBC on the sight. I called Carnival who said call "you know who", you booked with them. I was told the agent screwed up and gave me a better rate that what I was trying to book so therefore my reservation doesnt qualify for the OBC. The girl I spoke with was nice but said there was nothing she could do, I'd have to pay more than 100 for the original rate to get the OBC. Which translated is a bunch of hogwash because someone there screwed up and now I must pay for it. I will never book through them again and would love to have a person who was honest and forthright to book with. Someone who is on our side as cruisers. If you know of anyone I'd love to know them. I'm booking an Alaskan cruise next year...maybe if I can find someone who does what they say they will!:mad:

At least you can cruise. Will the difference brake your bank?

I can tell you in checking some things out I find that you can only reserve a cabin for 4 PAX on the Triumph now not 5, so I guess I'll just get what I get and won't pitch a fit.

You can still book 5 people on the Triumph in 1 room. Depends on when you book if space is still available that will accomodate 5.

You can still book 5 people on the Triumph in 1 room. Depends on when you book if space is still available that will accomodate 5.

Yes, you are right,

Id try calling in? Any ship built before year 2000 holds up to 5 in a cabin. Either they have sold out on that sailing or you just cant do it online, not sure why they would say they cant. They do allow 5, maybe just not any left for that date?

My parents' local TA will usually meet any offer you bring in. Dad recently got an offer she couldn't (at that time) meet, but she has since worked it out with the cruise line (not Carnival) that she can do so in the future. That includes the fabulous offers that come in the email from a CruCon. (I can mention them, can't I, since they got my email from this board??)

Always take any offer you find online into a bricks-and-mortar agency and see what they can do for you. That way you have someone to deal with in person, instead of an anonymous 1-800 number.

My 2 cents worth!

That includes the fabulous offers that come in the email from a CruCon. (I can mention them, can't I, since they got my email from this board??)!

You cant mention any particular TA here, not even ones who advertise here.

some online TAs are pretty good, some arent. If you are careful you can do well by finding ways to cut the cost. I wouldnt consider my TA either online or bricks and mortar exactly, half way each since they have stores that sell other things that are brick and mortar and a online site. They discount the commissionable part of the cruise fare 10% on Carnival. And they dont turn up their nose at small bookings like I have had some real TAs do.

I think you can use a combination of several places to book and its ok, you dont have to just use one.

:mad: I booked through a well know sight that starts with the second vowel in the alphabet.

I used to work in customer service there and I would never book through them again after working there. That's actually the reason I quit there. Sorry they screwed you!

I used to work in customer service there and I would never book through them again after working there. That's actually the reason I quit there. Sorry they screwed you!

I used to do disputes with American Express and thats why I would never book directly with that site or a few others. I know which ones are impossible to work with because Iv talked to them enough times personally.

I look at those sites but end up booking directly with the cruiseline, works well for me

I used to book with other travel sites because they were always cheaper (or offered OBC or excursions), but then I realized that if I booked direct with Carnival, I could get OBC or refund when there were price breaks.

So, I might pay more up front, but in the end, I'm the winner! :)

I used to book with other travel sites because they were always cheaper (or offered OBC or excursions)' date=' but then I realized that if I booked direct with Carnival, I could get OBC or refund when there were price breaks.

So, I might pay more up front, but in the end, I'm the winner! :)[/quote']

So if I book with a travel site I can't get an OBC or refund if the price goes down?:confused::confused:

Bill

My last cruise I called Carnival direct and they couldn't touch the price I had gotten from an online agency. So all of you that praise the glories of booking with a PVP at Carnival, sometimes they aren't always the best choice. I always shop around. There are a few online agencies that can beat the pants off Carnival. Just my humble opinion.:D I do my homework and so far, it has paid off.

So all of you that praise the glories of booking with a PVP at Carnival, sometimes they aren't always the best choice. I always shop around. There are a few online agencies that can beat the pants off Carnival. Just my humble opinion.:D I do my homework and so far, it has paid off.

I think that us that praise our PVP's do so not necessarily because they're giving us the best price, but because they're giving us consistent professionalism, excellent product knowledge, and great customer service, something that is lacking at many internet agencies.

You can shop around for the lowest price, but that will not guarantee that you'll be dealing with someone reputable and capable should you actually need help with your reservation, or if they mess up your travel plans.

As I mentioned, sometimes my PVP can't provide the lower price offered at some discount internet sites, but I will GLADLY pay a bit extra for the peace of mind of knowing that my reservation is not going to get messed up by someone who might or might not know what they're doing. If you notice, the people that write negative reviews here about their experience booking their cruise usually start their posting saying something like "we decided to book our cruise through XYZ because they gave us a lower price...."

I think that us that praise our PVP's do so not necessarily because they're giving us the best price, but because they're giving us consistent professionalism, excellent product knowledge, and great customer service, something that is lacking at many internet agencies.

You can shop around for the lowest price, but that will not guarantee that you'll be dealing with someone reputable and capable should you actually need help with your reservation, or if they mess up your travel plans.

As I mentioned, sometimes my PVP can't provide the lower price offered at some discount internet sites, but I will GLADLY pay a bit extra for the peace of mind of knowing that my reservation is not going to get messed up by someone who might or might not know what they're doing. If you notice, the people that write negative reviews here about their experience booking their cruise usually start their posting saying something like "we decided to book our cruise through XYZ because they gave us a lower price...."

Booking with a PVP doesn't mean you are dealing with somebody capable either.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=881746

Seems it's the luck of the draw either with a PVP or TA.

Bill

I was told the agent screwed up and gave me a better rate that what I was trying to book so therefore my reservation doesnt qualify for the OBC.

Now I'm not defending said online TA for doing something without telling you (you're right, they should have given you the choice), but what's the difference between a lower rate and no OBC and a higher rate with OBC? Sounds like the only thing the agent screwed up on was trying to save you money and get you a lower rate.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=881746

Seems it's the luck of the draw either with a PVP or TA.

Bill

That thread has nothing to do with the PVP and their abilities (or what you might consider inabilities).

A PVP uses a database called Seibel. Without going into much detail about what it does, when a person who has booked with a PVP calls thier own PVP and asks about a price reduction whether inside or outside of penalty, they have to go into their Seibel, pull up your file and document the booking. This is all automated on their screen. When they verify that the price of the cruise has, in fact gone down, they key it into their Seibel on a "service request" form. From there, that information gets put into a supervisor "Queue". Depending upon how close it is to sailing and how many "service requests" are in the "Queue" determines the turnaround time. Usually within penalty it becomes "urgent" and they call the supervisor line and it gets handled quickly if not instant. If it is usually outside of penalty, it gets put in the normal "Queue" line and will be picked up in it's place in line. That is why sometimes people have to wait a week or so for it to show up. It doesn't matter if the price went up "X" amount of dollars the day the supervisor gets to it even if it is a week later. Because it was put into Seibel it was documented with the lower price.

Notice I never mentioned calling 1-800 Carnival above. When you call Carnival without the need of a PVP, they do not have Seibel therefore they can pull up your booking in "mapper", put you on hold while they contact a supervisor and get it adjusted then. If you booked with a PVP you still should make all adjustments thru them. It's not that the 1-800 Carnival people won't do it. They will, but they will also try to transfer you to your PVP if it is during their working hours.

PVP's would have to get permission from their coaches usually to try to phone a supervisor if it is not of an ugent nature due to the fact that the supervisors are busy enough without it being an real emergency.

If you notice, I don't praise PVPland as a whole. I praise my PVP specifically. Just like there are good and bad TA's, there are good and bad PVP's. I'm just blessed to have an excellent one.

Well I did go to BBB's website and found a contact email for someone who handles BBB complaints for the TA I booked with. I did NOT file a BBB complaint I just wrote the person an email and stated what happened. They investigated and I now have a 100 bucks cashola coming back to my bank account. So its not an OBC and won't hit my bank for at least a week but I get my money. So I didn't have to fight hard but I did fight.;)

Archived