I forgot to ask my question,

Carolyn1950

Have you gone on the Norwegian Sea Texaribbean cruise in February? I was wondering if the water around the ports are still warm? Did you get cold snorkling? Did they have the sail-away party on the pool deck even in cooler weather?

We are snorkling in Belize, beaching in Rotan and Cozumel. And husband is playing golf in Cancun. Thank you in advance for your help..

I cruised this past Sept. with 5 girls I met on the low carb diet board I belong to. We met up as strangers and hopped on the ship.. We had visited online for almost 2 years so didn't feel as if we were truly strangers.. But we had the time of our lives.. I came back and told my husband, "we gotta go".

I am from Colorado, so the temperature is subjective. I find the waters warm and have never felt cold while snorkeling. You might also check into Cave Tubing in Belize. Look at the Belize thread on this site. I would also go check information on each island you are visiting. Remember that you tender in Cancun and the ships can't always stop there because of the winds. Enjoy your cruise!

Have done Cozumel a few winters, Feb can sometimes. not always be

a bit "cool" like when I think it is called El Norte? drops down, messes

up the weather. This year: no problem. Last year a concern that a longsleve t shirt helped with, just take off when out of water. Belize just rained, water fine but froze in boat: bring a "space blanket" Walmart $4, those fold up wallet size metallic things. Roatan never a problem.

Stats say water about say 6-9 degrees cooler. I can look it up. My wife confims, I had to stop snorkeling due to health this year. Not so much as being limited in walking as I got thinner and can not take the cololer water.

Shallow water always warmer, mostly.

Read the SCUBA messages for the last year.

I posted tonite on the Cancun tendering issues, many reasons for not stopping..

ColoradoJoe

Our first venture on the Texarebbean was in early Feb about 7 years ago and the water was wonderful. We didn't do Cancun, but loved Roatan snorkeling and just beaching it and shopping in Cozumel. The first night out of Houston was very cold, had to depend on sweats or stay inside; the last day windy and very rough as I remember.

NMNita

Archived