Just Returned from the Holiday

teacher2cruiser

This was my third cruise, but it's my first time to write a review. I'll give a bit of background by saying that it was my mother's first cruise , and it was my first Carnival experience. I have cruised Royal Caribbean and Norweigan once each in the past. I wasn't expecting as much out of the Holiday, but I was pleasantly surprised.

We arrived at Mobile port with no problems, and getting on the ship was super easy and quick. We had an oceanview room on the upper deck, and our cabin was clean, there was ample storage space, bathroom was adequate, and our cabin steward cleaned our room twice daily. She was friendly and kind. My mother and I thought the dining room food was excellent. Our waiter, Adrian, was TOPS, and we have absolutely no dining room complaints. The food was far better that what I had on Norweigan, and it was equally as good as RCL. I ordered 2 starters most nights, and I saw others order 3. Again, food was wonderful in the dining room. We ate there all five nights.

Buffet food was typical cruise buffet food - again comparable with RCL and MUCH BETTER than Norweigan. There was 24 hr pizza, and ice cream. I only had lunch there - breakfasts were either in the dining room or room service.

The shows were very entertaining. The young Holiday Dancers were quite talented and impressive. Extreme Country was the best show I've seen on a cruise ship.

The boat did rock a good bit more than the other two ships I had sailed on, but I attribute that to it being a smaller ship. It wasn't anything that made me sick (I did the ginger and Dramamine routine) .

We had spa appointments for full body massages on the last sea day, and it was super. I had the younger girl, and my mother had the other female. She was just as impressed as I was.

The Holiday was not a fancy ship, but I encountered an extremely friendly crew, fantastic food, and a superb vacation.

If anyone has questions, I'll be more than happy to answer. Cruise critic has helped me tremendously, and I am more than happy to share my experiences and opinions.

I have sailed on the Holiday twice and think their staff is the best sailing. I will miss her when she retires next November. It was a rocking ship both times. I too loved thier food and the shows. I'm excited about the larger ship coming to Mobile in 2009; I hope the same staff stays out of this port

At Progreso we took the free shuttle bus to town, and then we paid $2 each to ride the double decker bus for a town tour - it didn't last long, but it was fun and informative. We were dropped off at a flea market there in Progreso and then took the free tour bus back to the terminal. There was shopping there too. Lots of people walked to the beach.

At Cozumel we just shopped at the terminal. On another trip in Cozumel, my husband and I took a taxi to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville.

Archived