Credit Card Alternatives - No more NCL Card. What will you use?

LBS1

With our GREAT NCL Master card going over to the dark side, what credit card do you plan to use as replacement?

I have looked at the SeaMiles Card, Disney Card, RCCL and a ton of Hotel and Airline cards, and I cant seem to find that perfect card to replace my NCL MC.

Does NCL realize that having the NCL Card was the ONLY reason I became and stayed an NCL customer? My future cruises will be, very possible, on another line. I still love NCL, but if I can find a better deal or discount, I will be forced to switch.

Thats how many of us feel . I too think its a mistake for NCL to drop this plan . The new rules are no better than any of the other simple cards out there and alot of repeat bussines was comming from this card. They will see a big drop off in use from people that have this card..

Im still looking for a new card ...:(

With our GREAT NCL Master card going over to the dark side, what credit card do you plan to use as replacement?

I have looked at the SeaMiles Card, Disney Card, RCCL and a ton of Hotel and Airline cards, and I cant seem to find that perfect card to replace my NCL MC.

Does NCL realize that having the NCL Card was the ONLY reason I became and stayed an NCL customer? My future cruises will be, very possible, on another line. I still love NCL, but if I can find a better deal or discount, I will be forced to switch.

Problem is, there isnt any card that comes remotely close to being as good a deal as the Compass Rewards program was. Now it's more in line with everyone else, which means the playing field is all too level.

I guess this means I can get rid of two of my three NCL CC since there will be no monthly limit of 250 pts. or the 1000 yearly. I think it will be a wait and see situation for a while to see how the new point system will work. Did NCL change the plan or BOA??? I'am thinking of going to a "cash back" CC if I can find a good one---the search is on!

I'am thinking of going to a "cash back" CC if I can find a good one---the search is on!
We're going to use our Costco American Express (cash back) card from now on. We've searched, too, because we were intereted in getting a card that had travel rewards, either for a hotel chain or an airline. The problem we found is that we don't always use one airline or one hotel chain. So, cash back will work just fine for us. And, we've been really pleased to find out how few merchants don't accept American Express.

We have 1,000 on one of our BoA cards and just went over 500 on the other, so adios, Bank of America!

We are quite happy with the almost 5,000 points on everyday purchases with triple points on grocery, drugstore & gasoline purchases, double on everyday & 10 points per $1 spent at any Hilton hotel in 2 months. You get double airline miles for flying to them. For 2500 more we get a FREE night at any silver level special rate. So insurance next month & property tax will get us there for NYE at Embassy Suites & 2 hours of free booze.

Then we have our AMEX BLUE for all the credits we have gotten in 15 years for warranty coverage. Their travel gals get us great deals on air for the miles we have. HH has BOGO air for the first year but may give it to Gold Members for all the time you are gold.

We decided to go with the Marriott Rewards Visa card. There are Marriott hotels EVERYWHERE, and you receive 5 points for every dollar spent at Marriott places, 3 points for every dollar on car rentals and air, and 1 for 1 with everything else. Since we like to take 3 and 4 days short trips, getting the hotels taken care of, or at least at a reduced rate, works for us.

Sorry NCL, you had a good thing going and blew it:(

Kathy

According to my PCC, NCL didn't cancel the program, BofA did (as she said, why on earth would NCL want to do that???). BofA cancelled the LL Bean card this year as well. LL Bean was able to find another provider (Barclay's) to work with them. We can always cross our fingers that NCL can do the same.

Until I can figure out which card to stay with, or apply to, I'm back to using my Discover Card. Til the end of the year, it's 5% cash back on groceries, from January-March, travel gets 5% CB, etc. All other purchases are 1% cash back. Plus, NCL has 5% CB everyday.

But why, oh why, did BOA take our NCL card away??? Working towards our last 1500 points - to be used on our PC cruise next year.

The GM card gives 5%, but how many and how frequently do you buy new cars. With the way the big three are going, I'm worried I'll lose the $4500 in points I have. Before the NCL mastercard, I had the Icruise.com card which also gave roughly 3%. I booked a 4 day carnival cruise with my wife and son for $947 and cashed out $800 for an out of pocket of $147. I also cashed in $1000 on a Celebrity cruise and only paid $900 for three. I will have $1000 in NCL points when the smoke clears and plan on using them on the Majesty for Easter week. The search is on again.

Archived