Opinions needed please

The Fox

hi,

with the good news that rhapsody cruises in 2009/2010 will now be in AUD i was wondering that when they redo their intineraries that they increase the advertised price to compensate for the use of AUD on board.

im looking at booking a 10 nighter up the qld coast in dec 09 sailing from sydney and advertised at 1075.00 pp.

any thoughts would be appreciated

thanks

col:)

hi,

with the good news that rhapsody cruises in 2009/2010 will now be in AUD i was wondering that when they redo their intineraries that they increase the advertised price to compensate for the use of AUD on board.

im looking at booking a 10 nighter up the qld coast in dec 09 sailing from sydney and advertised at 1075.00 pp.

any thoughts would be appreciated

thanks

If you book i would book direct or with an agent that has no cancelation fee and that will also give you any reductions in price when they come.and look for specials and offers if you book today rci are giving 200 us obc per stateroom on 10 night or more cruises for new bookings only .I booked direct and have had 2 price reductions no problems a friend booked with an agent and was not given them

Roger

If it is early december you may get some good specials close to the time. similar to this time next year.

If it is later over xmas it may fill up. It is lucky you do not need kids/teen club so you could book later.

I wonder if RCL will stop schoolies as well, like P and O have.

That may influence prices.

depending on the date I may be interested too. Somewhere different from Noumea.

It is the 1st and the 11th December and the price is in AUD on one site I checked out

Hi Karen,

yep the cruise price is in AUD but im concerned that on board purchases may be in USD.i just got of the rhapsody and the drink prices were exorbinate in USD.

but thwey did say future cruises were gunna be in AUD.....hope they meant onboard as well

hope you guys are both well

cheers

If you book i would book direct or with an agent that has no cancelation fee and that will also give you any reductions in price when they come.and look for specials and offers if you book today rci are giving 200 us obc per stateroom on 10 night or more cruises for new bookings only .I booked direct and have had 2 price reductions no problems a friend booked with an agent and was not given them

Roger

Can you please let me know how you book direct. I am having big problems with our US TA who will not honour price drops. When I try to book anything with RCL - it just comes up with a page asking me to contact a TA.

Hi Karen,

yep the cruise price is in AUD but im concerned that on board purchases may be in USD.i just got of the rhapsody and the drink prices were exorbinate in USD.

but thwey did say future cruises were gunna be in AUD.....hope they meant onboard as well

hope you guys are both well

cheers

Yes we are all fighting fit and raring to go again.

I finished work today but Aldo still has to work , he doesnt fly out till next Friday. We go on Saturday.

Can you please let me know how you book direct. I am having big problems with our US TA who will not honour price drops. When I try to book anything with RCL - it just comes up with a page asking me to contact a TA.

Alas, it means you cannot book direct through the US arm of RCL if you have an Australian address (and/or an Aussie IP address on your computer). To get any US pricing and price drops, you need to book through a US T/A - maybe you can find one that will look after you better.

PS - You can book direct with the Australian agents (http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au) - but the pricing might be a bit higher than your US T/A is already charging. Seems they will not honour any price drops after final payment either.

just call the RCI number on the web and ask for retail sales they can book you.just remember with price drops just look at the cabin costs not the overall costs including other charges .I booked ours when the fuel surcharge was $35 and when they redo my invoice they reduce the cabin cost and the taxes but dont redo the surcharge up.so on the net the total invoice price is alot more than my reinvoice costs

I also have a 1800 direct number for retail sales if you want to leave an email address i will send it

Roger

Alas, it means you cannot book direct through the US arm of RCL if you have an Australian address (and/or an Aussie IP address on your computer). To get any US pricing and price drops, you need to book through a US T/A - maybe you can find one that will look after you better.

PS - You can book direct with the Australian agents (www.royalcaribbean.com.au) - but the pricing might be a bit higher than your US T/A is already charging. Seems they will not honour any price drops after final payment either.

the pricing seems to be the same as the US site but the australian site now has prepaid tips if you book on the net.? .

just call the RCI number on the web and ask for retail sales they can book you.just remember with price drops just look at the cabin costs not the overall costs including other charges .I booked ours when the fuel surcharge was $35 and when they redo my invoice they reduce the cabin cost and the taxes but dont redo the surcharge up.so on the net the total invoice price is alot more than my reinvoice costs

I also have a 1800 direct number for retail sales if you want to leave an email address i will send it

Roger

Roger thank you very much for that information: my email is Murrumba@yahoo.com.au

the pricing seems to be the same as the US site but the australian site now has prepaid tips if you book on the net.? .

Hi - I had a look at the Royal Caribbean Australian sight today and the costs were far over the US site (conversions and all extras included). The Aussie government have just passed through legislation - costings for cruise companies must be inclusive but cannot remember when this commences.:rolleyes::confused:

Just make sure you are comparing apples with apples.

Some list the complete price. Some list including port charges but not taxes. Others list base price only (not port charges and taxes).

I Email to get a Full price.

Just make sure you are comparing apples with apples.

Some list the complete price. Some list including port charges but not taxes. Others list base price only (not port charges and taxes).

I Email to get a Full price.

Yes, that is right - I checked again and I was not aware that the amount was inclusive of Tax, gratuties, fuel surchage - so it was pretty good, but it did not have the special that RCL international had on their website for the same cruise - so you are right email and get full price - thanks for that.

Archived