Are tours available at the port?

Grannycb

• 3 weeks later...

We don't usually do this, but we decided at the last minute to do a 2 1/2 hour ATV ride down the coast. The company was "Shark Tours" and they were set up next to where they sell the taxi tickets at the back of the port. I was not familiar with them. Anyway, Julio was our tour guide and he was awesome. He was big on safety. But we were able to open it up once we got past town. The bikes were in good condition and it was a great experience. I highly recommend this activity and this company if you're not sure what you want to do in Costa Maya.

We don't usually do this, but we decided at the last minute to do a 2 1/2 hour ATV ride down the coast. The company was "Shark Tours" and they were set up next to where they sell the taxi tickets at the back of the port. I was not familiar with them. Anyway, Julio was our tour guide and he was awesome. He was big on safety. But we were able to open it up once we got past town. The bikes were in good condition and it was a great experience. I highly recommend this activity and this company if you're not sure what you want to do in Costa Maya.

How much were the ATV tours? Did he offer "doubles"? Were there many in your group?

Marlene

You can do doubles or singles. I think doubles were $55 per person, singles $110. They told us it was for 2 1/2 hours but they took us out for almost 4. There were optional stops for drinks, food, beach, restrooms. Helmets were required and provided, goggles were optional. They only thing I would have probably done different was wear long pants over a swimsuit. Make sure you bring sunscreen!

• 3 weeks later...
Costa Maya sounds like a wonderful port to visit. Are there vendors offering tours to the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins at the port? Are other tours available? What is within walking distance of the ship?

Yes, you can and the ruins are available.

IMG_0892.JPG

IMG_0893.JPG

Some people also like to rent the golf cars. I'm not one of them.

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

Archived