17 yr old get in Dragon's Lair?

Didn't your seapass have your age when he scanned it? My son just gave his seapass and when his profile came up, they let him in.

I don't recall whether or not they were requesting seapasses. My guess is that either they weren't scanning seapasses at the time, or they were asking for a second ID for verification just because they had specifically been having problems with underaged people trying to sneak in on that cruise. I wish I could remember.. my recollection is that they weren't scanning the seapasses, because I remember the bouncer standing in front of me unimpeded, with no scanner in front of him. And I can't imagine that the problem would have occurred had they been scanning the passes. Perhaps that's changed-- the sailing that this occurred on was in 05.

Our experience has been that they do not allow those under 18 in the Crypt. How strict they are probably has something to do with the demographics on board. At first we were annoyed because we were in the same situation with our boys. Then, the reasoning was explained. They do not want unattended younger teens in an environment where older and drinking adults are. If you've been in the Crypt, you know that it is quite dark and loud. It would be difficult to enforce only allowing those with parents because the parents could always leave. It really is for the safety of the younger teens. Even if your kids might not be at risk, others might be.

Not to worry. Our under 18 kids have had a blast even though they can't go to the Crypt. There are tons of other activities and events to keep them busy. Even our over 18 kids preferred to go to the shows and other venues.

We were on the Mariner last Christmas and my 17 year old had a blast hanging out at Fuel with others his age. He even spent a week in Montreal this past summer with someone he met there. Since they shouldn't be drinking anyway it is a great place for 15-17 year olds.

We were on the Mariner last year for Christmas too. I have 3 dd's who were 15, 16 & 17. I asked them if they remember a guy from GA, and they think so, but aren't positive.

This year they'll 16, 17 and 18, and I'm guessing the 18 yr old won't have as much fun since she won't be able to go with the other two to Fuel. We'll have to give up cruising for a few years until they'll all over 18, but mostly because two will be in college next year and we won't be able to afford it. :(

Archived