Does Tapas Serve Lobster???

Susie

Hey THANKS Nitro! I KNEW you'd be able to help.

So how long does the "lobster season" last? (hopefully through the winter months).

Just out of couriosity , what other seafood dishes are available at Tapas? mmmm, I LOVE a good guacamole! Do they also make a good pina' colada?

Thanks again for your help. I'm looking forward to spending my day in your village:-)

Island Annie

Everyone has been buying the cocktail books and can do most of the standard drinks. The lobster season lasts until July but because of over fishing the price keeps climbing every year. ( We need to educate the fishermen but that is taking some time). Other fish dishes depends on the catch of the day. I know Fabio and Corolla have contacts wih the local fishermen and buy what they know is good.

Thanks again Nitro! Geeze, you must know everyone in town!!!

I think the cc members should appoint you as "MAYOR" of Mahahual!!

At this rate . . . Mahahual will soon be one of the BIGGEST & BEST ports in the Western Caribbean:-)

Please know that all your help, and advice is MUCH appreciated. And keep up the good work.

Annie

Annie,
We were there 3 weeks ago and loved it. I had their lobster and it was great! The supply of free guacamole, salsa & chips never ended. They even gave us some of the mini size Corona's on the house. The waiter Edgar took excellent care of us. There were 12 of us in our group, 6 adults and 6 kids. The teenagers in our group loved being able to visit the locals shops on their own while we sat under the umbrellas and relaxed. They have beach chairs also if you would like to sit in the sun. Majahaul was a refreshing break from the cruise ship sponsored areas at the pier.
The locals were very nice and you could bargain with them.

Linda

Thanks Linda.

It's always nice to hear from someone who has actually been there.

I just found some pictures of TAPAS posted on webshots, and it looks like a GREAT place:-) I am really looking forward spending my day in Costa Maya in Mahahual. Like you said, It's not your typical "cruise port".

Annie

Thanks to Nitro and Linda for the info on Tapas!! I can't wait to spend the day in Mahahual! It sounds like it will be great. It also sounds like it is becoming increasingly popular, which is a good thing.

Thanks again!

Tapas is on the right side going away from the taxi drop off (probably 1/8 mile I'm not good with distance) They have a 2 story type bar and their beach with tables and beach chairs is directly across the street. If you get Edgar as a waiter he'll take great care of you! Have Fun!!

Linda

Archived