? about cell numbers

lvz2cruz

I am not sure about the answer if you call them onto their cell phones. However, using your Verizon phone outside of the United States will not work unless you have Black Berry Storm and another one that I can't remember right now. I personally switched to AT&T as I can use it internationally in almost every country in the world (I travel alot for pleasure and business) from Verizon.

I hope that this helps, and hopefully someone that you're traveling with has a cell phone other than Verizon (or call the tour operator early before the ship docks on Cellular-at-Sea, but be warned that is really really expensive, usually much cheaper to use "expensive" international calling on land).

• 4 weeks later...

I think what you're getting confused about is that there is no "international" dialing code. The US, Canada, and most Caribbean islands are on dialing code of +1. The number looks like an US based phone number, but in reality it isn't. You can only tell if you know the area code, for example 212 is Manhattan (NYC), but 416 is Toronto, Ontario, Canada (which would be international calling from the US).

I hope that answered your questions, sorry if I am off track. :cool:

Archived