Attn: Those back from Australia / New Zealand

Miss K

Hi! I am doing the 4th Jan Sydney to Auckland cruise on the Millie. I am wanting to hear any reviews from those who have recently returned from this itinerary.

I'd love to hear about anything and everything - food, condition of ship, weather (to inform my clothing and packing choices!), excursions, ports etc.

Thanks in advance!

Rebecca is right we all posted there. We had a great time on our cruise and some decent weather as well. According to our children who are still in New Zealand the weather has warmed up since we left - as they make sure to remind us. The South Island though can still be quite cold as are the Sounds. Be prepared for all weather so bring layers and a rain jacket. Celebrity at least in CC class always gives you an umbrella. We never needed ours. I have sailed on the Summit, Infinity, Galaxy and some RCC ships and I loved the Millie - eveyone was so friendly and accommodating on the ship. I also found that there was no sales talk all the time which we loved - if you wanted to buy something great but it wasn't about shopping. There is a naturalist on board and you should go to his lectures on the sea days. He also narrates from the bridge as you go in and out of the Sounds as well as past White Island. If I had it to do over and could afford it I would have done the overnight trip but we were with our kids and it was not practical for us. Everyone who went (not many) said the overnight was great. I hope you are spending some time in Sydney. It is a great city.

Hi! I am doing the 4th Jan Sydney to Auckland cruise on the Millie. I am wanting to hear any reviews from those who have recently returned from this itinerary.

I'd love to hear about anything and everything - food, condition of ship, weather (to inform my clothing and packing choices!), excursions, ports etc.

Thanks in advance!

Check out my inital mini-review fom our Nov 23 sailing of the Millie at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=17279784&postcount=1

Archived