Carnival Fantasy 11-29-08

daysichase

This was my first time on a cruise AND out of the country, and the same goes for my boyfriend, who never wanted to go on a cruise because he hates feeling "trapped." Well, by the end of the cruise, he didn't want to go home. We loved the food, but it was a lot to get used to, not having to pay and having it constantly around. The first thing we did besides meeting up with my two best friends was to get a piece of chocolate cake from the buffet. We ate dinner in the Jubilee Dining Room the first two nights, and the food and the service was excellent, but we're not very good socializers and opted to eat in the relaxed buffet areas during the rest of our trip. Before going on the trip we decided that we'd each get to pick an excursion for each port-he picked Dzibilchaltun Ruins In Progreso and I picked the Royal Swim in Cozumel. Pregreso was a lot of fun, our tour guides were funny and informative and polite. We waded in the cenote (very painful for bare feet, but very pretty, I should have worn my swimsuit under my clothes) and climbed on top of some of the buildings. We walked the very long walk to the Temple of the Seven Dolls and we managed to get back to the bus with only 10 minutes to spare. My boyfriend bought a Mayan book with his name in Mayan symbols. We went back to the ship after I did some light shopping, we were very tired and hungry.

The slide is very fun, even though they use freezing water on it and being in November, it was pretty chilly up there, but we had to go. The pools were fine, except for the salt water, but that could be lived with. They let me take my digital camera on the big slide to record video. We saw a comedian (Anthony LeCosta?) and he was very funny, as well as a NightClub Express show, which was also very fun, and at the end we saw the Beatles Tribute Show, and that was great. The entertainment staff is very good. We only had a drink a day because the drinks were quite pricy, but their raspberry margaritas are to die for. We had the luck of being on the Empress deck, 5 doors down from all the action (bar, elevators, etc). Our friends were unlucky enough to get the last room on R deck, right by the engines. We also got a Fountain Fun Card cause we're both addicted to caffeine-it paid off, but I had to keep going up to different bars to get us both Cokes cause they write your name on the card and they don't let you split it between two people.

Cozumel was my favorite port by far. We did the Royal Swim at Dolphin Discovery in Chanakabb Park. The weather was gorgeous and I have never seen water that blue. We rented a car, a Jeep Liberty(the dunebuggys are cute) and were dropped off at the Park. Our admission was free because we had already paid for the dolphins, so we waited until we were let in. Everyone was very polite, the facilities were very clean. They put our lifejackets on and headed to the docks. Our dolphins were named Pregaso and Ixchel (e-shell) and they were boyfriend/girlfriend. Pregaso was the most dominate and Ixchel was the prettiest. They were very friendly and extremely cute. We got to be pulled around by their fins, they pushed us out of the water, we got to hug and kiss them. They allowed me to bring my underwater disposable camera. (Be sure to buy yours at Walmart, I forgot mine on the boat like an idiot and had to buy one there-$22 compared to Walmart's $7) We got about 45 minutes with them and they sang and danced for us. After that they put us upstairs to watch our video. After doing something like that you kind of have to buy the video. It was $80, and we also bought two pictures. Be warned-I don't know if it's just that they couldn't get a good angle on us, but they didn't film the kiss, or the hug. Be sure to bring an underwater camera of your own so you can get the things they don't, because it does cost a lot. To their credit, they let you see it before you buy it so you know what you're buying. Our pictures were very cute. After that we went to a beach down the road and swam for awhile. We went back to port and shopped-very bright and clean and you can haggle with the prices. We went back to the boat and swam and ate and relaxed during the rest of our trip. By the time we got home, my boyfriend didn't want to go home. We're already planning our next one, hopefully on the Triumph. We took a lot of pictures (link below) and got a lot of nice sunset views.

Our steward was excellent and we gave him a nice tip, and one of the waiters in the Lounge remembered us and remembered our drinks, so he also got a nice tip. All in all-great vacation.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me. :)

<a href=http://hardrockcajunpirate.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album97 title='Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum.com'>::carnival fantasy cruise to mexico::</a>

Rae's Vacation Pictures

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuxBCYuLv3w

Rae & Sid's Dolphin Excursion

ixchtel_rae_sized.jpg.770eebb506d742f9f4c47792fb8e9dab.jpg

Hey :) Thanks for the review! Sounds like you guys had a great time..

I am SOOOOOO anxious for the girls trip in March!! We will be on the Empress deck as well in the aft....E189... Budget Cruise this time so we are doing an interior...BLAH! I haven't stayed on this floor before.. Do you remember what number your room was?? I'm just wanting any suggestions on short cuts from floor to floor.. It seems to take me forever to get the layout down..

I was E-59, like I said, I was right in the thick of all the action. I didn't even really look at the floor plan on Carnival.com, I just waited to find out for myself. I did figure out though, that as pretty as the glass elevators were, they take forever, so if you don't mind forgoing the pretty view, take the back elevators. You'll get where you're going faster.

Enjoyed the review, youtube vid and the pics on the photo album. Looks like you guys had a blast:D That Royal swim is something else. I highly recommend it.

BTW, you owe me a new set of speakers. I was jamming out to Paradise City on your myspace page when *@$%^!:eek:

;)

Thanks! I love classic rock. I should put up a warning for the safety of speakers, cause that song never fails to make me run around the house playing air guitar.

Thanks for the comment on my video and looking at my pictures :)

-Rae

Archived