Airfare price??

momonmeds

Hi all,

I am not a very seasoned traveler, therefore I don't have much to compare this to, so I would really appreciate your insight. I've been watching airfare for a couple of months. We're flying SLC - ANC 5/28, then SEA to SLC 6/6. The price has been $610 plus taxes, etc... and it's been that price for weeks. Last week the price jumped to $625, and I thought, oh no, prices are going up. Today, it was $556. I know it's a crapshoot, and no one has a crystal ball, but what I really want to know is if this is a good price? Like I said, I really don't have much experience in this area, so any thoughts are welcomed.

Thanks a million!!

You are right, it's a crap shoot. I just checked priceline, and it was $543 for mid-June.

I paid $459 in Aug '07 booking through HAL. If you are happy with the price, book it, then don't look back, and don't keep checking.

I'd rather book it and know I have the flights, than take a chance of waiting and have the price go up or plane be full.

I've already booked my May 23-June1, 2009 flights to Hawaii.

Hi all,

I am not a very seasoned traveler, therefore I don't have much to compare this to, so I would really appreciate your insight. I've been watching airfare for a couple of months. We're flying SLC - ANC 5/28, then SEA to SLC 6/6. The price has been $610 plus taxes, etc... and it's been that price for weeks. Last week the price jumped to $625, and I thought, oh no, prices are going up. Today, it was $556. I know it's a crapshoot, and no one has a crystal ball, but what I really want to know is if this is a good price? Like I said, I really don't have much experience in this area, so any thoughts are welcomed.

Thanks a million!!

Try Kayak.com...I found your flight for 458 per person..

Kelly

I agree that Kayak is very helpful. For a flight like the one you are looking at, try entering it as a multi-city booking instead of 2 one way flights. Sometimes it is cheaper to do it that way. You can also try looking at flights and booking them online on a weekday instead of the weekend. Fares are sometimes lower that way, and it can also be cheaper to fly on a weekday (except for Friday) because the weekend flights tend to be more popular.

For what it's worth, I have been watching the fares for a flight from Philly to Vancouver and then from Anchorage to Philly, and it has been lower this week than in the past month. And I found the lowest fare by searching for a multi-city flight.

If your plans are firm, then you may want to consider booking your flights when you find a lower rate than you've seen before. If you would like to wait and see if you can do better, go to Travelocity or another site that will notify you when the fare drops below a certain price. It is the easiest way to avoid missing a good fare.... You might also want to check on how fast the seats are filling up for the flights you are interested in taking.

Good luck!

I found 458 at CheapOAir, and when I clicked on it, they added the taxes!! Most of the flight find engines give you a total price....so it pays to click on book it and see if they add anything. I know right now I am really happy that I can see the flights coming down for next year. Everyone said they would, and I have been very patient. We will be booking something for sure before the end of january.

Archived