LIVE From The Eurodam 2WK Holiday Cruise ...Brought To You By LAFFNVEGAS

LAFFNVEGAS

Good Morning from Ft Lauderdale:)

I see Ships, I see Ships :D But I do not see the Eurodam, or at least yet. Yes from our balcony here at the Embassy Suites I can see the ships. It looks to be a great day.

EurodamDec13-272009004.jpg?t=1229173463

EurodamDec13-272009002.jpg?t=1229173487

While I have my camera out thought I would take a picture so you can see those sheets I mentioned, does not hurt to have a little proof. Personally Housekeeping should be ashamed to even make up a bed like this.

EurodamDec13-272009006.jpg?t=1229173572

Here you can see where you can see the lamp right through it.

EurodamDec13-272009007.jpg?t=1229173622

I have seen toilet paper thicker than these sheets.

Well better go to get showered up for the day. I am thrilled to see the Eurodam in the Web Cams and she is facing the bridge so we can go out on the bow for a web cam wave if anyone is going to watch at 3 PM

Signing off from the Embassy Suites in FLL

The experience at the hotel will simply sweeten the experience on the ship... oh, the feel of a Mariner bed... ahhhhhh.

Lisa, on 12/20 and 12/27... give a wave toward the Statendam. DH and I will be there. I'll wave to the Eurodam!

We, too, were disappointed with the Embassy Suites in FLL, Lisa. Like Marle7, we tried the Yacht Club last time and found it to be a world above - though with the economy in a mess, we're going for the Hampton Inn in March. That's a very decent chain and I think we'll be pleased. For just one night, we'll be glad to have a room in FLL for under $200 - and without adding a $40 breakfast of plain old eggs.

Is anyone going to watch your Webcam Wave? Silly girl - you ARE the webcam wave, and we wouldn't think of missing it!

We are just heading down to try the"FREE" Breakfast but Donna I just wanted to say that our stay on the 27th after we get off the Eurodam is at the Hampton Inn near the airport and I am using my United miles for that and booked thru United.

Yes, I so look look forward to sleeping on the ship tonight:D

We have never had a problem with the Embassy Suites -- about a year ago they started to refurbish the rooms starting on the top floor and working down. We always get a room on either 11 or 12 facing East. All new furniture, curtains, carpeting and bedding on those floors.

I have mentioned several times in various posts about where the location of Total Wine is and the Harbor Shops.

We did use the shuttle service to go to the pier in November -- at that time it was $7 per person. In the past we either used the hotel's Shuttle buses (which are now gone) or used a Taxi. In February we are going back to using a taxi -- the shuttle bus was too loaded with luggage and people. We have also never waited at the security point very long -- shuttles, cars, and taxis all get in the same line.

Our Taxi ride from the airport to the hotel was $14.50 -- meter was running -- + tip.

Have a great cruise.

Good Morning from Ft Lauderdale:)

Well better go to get showered up for the day. I am thrilled to see the Eurodam in the Web Cams and she is facing the bridge so we can go out on the bow for a web cam wave if anyone is going to watch at 3 PM

Signing off from the Embassy Suites in FLL

Is anyone going to "aim" the web cam this afternoon? I will be capturing again and hope the pictures come out better.

Rich

Sorry the Embassy Suites has gone downhill. It was pretty nice when we were there a few years ago.
Oh, crap. That's where I'm staying next month for four nights (no, not for a cruise ... just a training class in Fort Lauderdale). But, I guess I should look at it on the bright side. At least I'm not paying for it.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Okay...could I BE any more jealous that you are in FLL and likely on your way to the E'Dam as I type this?! Meanwhile, it is 20-degrees and a huge snowstorm is headed my way. Something is wrong with this picture!

Seriously, though, I am so looking forward to your reviews of Eurodam! Please keep an eye out for the Bloody Mary Bar on the Lido deck for me. They had one on Zuiderdam but not Oosterdam. Wondering if E'Dam will have one.

Have an amazing time and MERRY CHRISTMAS! :D

...............We grabbed a taxi to the Embassy Suite at 1100 SE 17th but I am not sure we were not over charged. His meter was not working :rolleyes: and he said it was $20. .........................

Yep, you got overcharged! A new ploy, maybe? ('My meter is not working, that'll be $20 even') Hope you didn't give him a tip on top of that! Seems like a lot (if not most) of the cabbies in FLL are from Haiti (not that there's anything wrong with being Haitian;)) In the rides we've been in (from the airport to the port) they always bypass the first off-ramp, and shorter ride, to Pt. Everglades and instead proceed further north down A1A S. Federal Hwy to get the next one and make the meter run a bit longer. What's a mother to do?:rolleyes:

Have a nice two weeks on Eurodam! Don't break your neck on the Rev step!;)

If it's the Hampton Inn Plantation, FL you're talking about, we stayed there precruise last year and loved it. Excellent service and clean rooms. Free shuttle to the airport and cruiseport - they even shuttled our friends around for shopping in the area prior to our arrival. We will stay there next time we sail from FLL.

Anyway, back to important stuff. Lisa, are you on the ship yet?????

Sorry we're not with you. We had such a great time sailing with you and Tom in October.

Sorry about the ES. I have to agree that sheets look terrible. :(

I stayed there for 2 nights in Oct. and had the same experience as KK, it was very nice. The furnishings appeared very new and had very nice sheets, nothing like the picture that was posted. The concierge that was there was very nice when I asked a couple of questions about restaurants. I had a list with me and it appeared she answered all my questions honestly without pushing me towards any one in particular.

Thanks to KK I didn't have to ask about Total Wine or any shops.

I look forward to more posts about the Eurodam. :)

Archived