any ships going out of NY for 2005

Lefty1

well as far as caribbean is, the legend is the only ship leaving out of NY next year - we had the miracle there but now the miracle is based in florida.

does anyone know if carnival will be putting some of their ships to leave out of NY - they should as they have so many.

we have norw. dawn going south, carnival legend going south and that is it - other ships go to canada - i know celebrity goes to bermuda but was wishing there were more options going out of ny.

if anyone knows about ny ships, please advise

Royal Caribbean has a 9 night caribbean cruise out of Bayonne, NJ on Voyager next summer (Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Freeport)

There are also some other options going to Bermuda: Nowegian Crown, Radisson Seven Seas Navigator, (both 7 nights) and Voyager (5 nights) from Bayonne.

(It seems Voyager will be alternating 5 Bermuda and 9 night caribbean cruises to keep the 9 night trips departing on Fridays)

yes i looked into bayonne port cruise as well - i just don't understand that with all the ships carnival has, u would think they would leave some in ny - the miracle was nice cruise for us - but it came and now it went - like the big ships - as miracle was my first cruise (my last cruise was 1981, so to me miracle on 8/21/04 was my first cruise) - i like the fact about leaving out of ny, no hassle with flying - oh well if anyone hears of any news about new york ports adding more, let me know

Answer is simple: If Carnival felt they could make more money by operating more ships out of NYC there would be more ships there:

NYC is expensive to operate from:

-port fees higher

-provisioning in NYC is difficult and expensive

-Unions at the port imposes increased labor costs

-Hudson River Tidal currents make operations difficult (need for tugs)

-Parking and traffic discourages some potential customers - the complete opposite reasons for "homeporting" ships in multiple ports

-Carnival tends to earn less long cruises

-repositioning ships to NYC incurrs lots of extra costs

-distance to carribean ports incurrs extra fuel and operational costs

Carnival is running more short cruises to increase earnings, and the only short cruises you can do out of NYC are to Canada which tend to sell at lower rates

Carnival currently does not have rights to cruise to Burmuda or even even ships small enough to fit into either of the 2 major ports there.

I'm in the Baltimore area, and even though the Miracle was sold out completely (and 100's of passengers bumped off cruises leaving here) she's not coming back here.

oh well i guess u are right about the high costs of ny ports - did not hurt in asking - with bayonne port, maybe rccl will run more there - it was a toss up between rccl and maybe another carnival - i guess i have to decide

Go to http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/ and put in the port you are interested in and a date range to cover 2005. You'll get a list of every ship arriving and departing, but it won't tell you the itenerary. Cunard, Norwegian, Princess, Carnival, Seabourne and others are all showing 2005 dates out of NYC. You can also search by specific ships without specifying ports and you will see where they are going.

It's a very good site for noodleing around and finding out where all the ships are on any given day.

Archived