Any beach with shells?

cruzingduo

We spend some time in Aruba during the year and have seen some shells at the far Northwest part of the island on the edges of Arashi Beach. This is a popular beach with some locals and snorkelers, but generally not visited by many cruise ship passengers.

Hank

We spend some time in Aruba during the year and have seen some shells at the far Northwest part of the island on the edges of Arashi Beach. This is a popular beach with some locals and snorkelers, but generally not visited by many cruise ship passengers.

Hank

Thanks Hank,

Do you have any idea how far it would be from the port?

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know how far is Arashi beach from the pier where we will dock?

Arashi Beach is north of the northernmost high rise hotel, but south of the light house.....I would estimate it to be about 5 miles north of the cruise ship terminal. There are hut like structures at this beach (thatch roof type things) but no rest rooms.

If you take a cab up there, be sure to arrange for it to return to pick you up. Arashi beach is far enough off the beaten path that you won't get a cab, otherwise.

BTW, if you do intend to keep the shells you collect, be discreet. It is illegal to remove them from Aruba.

VenezuelaBerichtArubaMap.jpg

Arashi Beach is north of the northernmost high rise hotel, but south of the light house.....I would estimate it to be about 5 miles north of the cruise ship terminal. There are hut like structures at this beach (thatch roof type things) but no rest rooms.

If you take a cab up there, be sure to arrange for it to return to pick you up. Arashi beach is far enough off the beaten path that you won't get a cab, otherwise.

BTW, if you do intend to keep the shells you collect, be discreet. It is illegal to remove them from Aruba.

VenezuelaBerichtArubaMap.jpg

StanandJim, thankyou for the info. Have you been to this beach? I will be discreet, are there shells worth looking for? Any guess as to how much the cab would be?

I am an avid sheller and when we go to the beach I love to look for shells. I have been to Aruba before but only remember beautiful soft sand beaches. Are there and beaches that have shells?

Jan 2009 Jewel

You may wish to consider a vacation at Sanibel Island, Florida; and, visit Blind Pass beach, which is the shelling capital of the western hemisphere.

• 2 weeks later...
You may wish to consider a vacation at Sanibel Island, Florida; and, visit Blind Pass beach, which is the shelling capital of the western hemisphere.

Your suggestion made me smile. We spend Oct & Nov every year in Sanibel. We actually just got back Dec 8th. We drive since we're there for so long. This year like others before, we mailed our clothes home, because they didn't fit in the car with all our shells :)

Sanibel Is Paradise :)

We went to Boca Catalina (just south of Arashi, I believe) - took the bus - was about a 15 min bus ride and we found lots of shells. It is a more popular snorkeling site, so less sand and more coral/shells. I videoed the waves coming in over the shoreline, because there were so many shells and things that it made a delightful gurgling sound (for lack of a better word!) I found some pure white "conch-like" shells, many tiny perfectly formed shells and one that looked like an ice cream cone! There was a good amount of shoreline that you could comb through IMO.

Archived