Starboard on Poesia!

Dinkey

I have been reading about the problems of smells on the starboard side of

the Poesia, does anyone know if these have been rectified? I am in a balcony cabin on that side of the ship sailing in Feb. On the highest deck.

Dinkey we have recently returned from a fantastic cruise on Poesia 12day Venice / Genoa. We had a balcony room on Deck 10 starboard side mid ship and there was no smell at all at any time. I was on the balcony each day at various times. Enjoy your cruise as we certainly did.

Dinkey we have recently returned from a fantastic cruise on Poesia 12day Venice / Genoa. We had a balcony room on Deck 10 starboard side mid ship and there was no smell at all at any time. I was on the balcony each day at various times. Enjoy your cruise as we certainly did.

Nice to read some positive reviews on this ship, there are now six of us travelling so I asume we will have a good time.

By the way could you give me an idea if you can buy a karafe of house wine in the reteraunt, and also the cost of a bottle of beer? Most important issue for my hubby.:rolleyes:

I did not notice wine in a karafe in the restaurant but I wasn't really taking much notice only bottles around us. As an Australian I had a beer.

We bought the large beer package 14 drinks for 59Euro. It was draught Stella and Becks in 40cl glasses. There were different brands of bottled beer we had some Corona for 4.70Euro per bottle.

I have nothing but positive views on our cruise. The food,staff,rooms and everything else about the cruise and the ship. I boardered with a positive attitude and was not disapointed at all.

Hi Dinkey,

I did answer this for you on your previous thread here:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=885313

Hmmm..we were charged 63 euros for the 14 large beer package, or 6.30 euros per glass, (3.20 euros for a small glass or 32 euros for the package of 14) in August

Also 9 euros for a carafe of house wine at dinner.

Hi Dinkey,

I did answer this for you on your previous thread here:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=885313

Hmmm..we were charged 63 euros for the 14 large beer package, or 6.30 euros per glass, (3.20 euros for a small glass or 32 euros for the package of 14) in August

Also 9 euros for a carafe of house wine at dinner.

Thanks, it seems each ship charges what they like, with the Euro being so low I think some smuggling will be going on, if they want to fill these big ships I think they need to revise their prices, especially for the British market.

Thanks, it seems each ship charges what they like, with the Euro being so low I think some smuggling will be going on, if they want to fill these big ships I think they need to revise their prices, especially for the British market.

You know, you have a point. My trip was in August when the £ was a little stronger than it is now. Maybe they have reduced their prices a little for the packages to make them look better, bringing the large beers below the 6 euro mark. With the £ the way it is now, close to one for one, the prices are outrageous.

My next trip with MSC will be in October. If the £ hasn't improved by then, I for one won't be spending any money in the bar.

Hi,

Also thinking of doing a lot of drinking ion the balconey if the weather is

favourable. £6 a pint:eek: My hubby says no way.

Sometimes I wonder if we would of been better off booking onto an American ship?

Don't they realise if the price is right people will spend more and they would gain more profit. Logical thinking:rolleyes:

However, we have now booked with MSC and will have to make the most of it, we both need a rest and that is what we have booked this cruise for. And of course to experience a MSC cruise.

To be fair, it is the exchange rate that is the problem. With the booklets the beer was running about £3 a pint on our 2007 cruise. They haven't really changed their prices..it's just our economy. Even booking a US line won't help much as the rate with the $US is terrible too.

Unfortunately for us, the majority of MSC's passengers use the euro anyway so the prices won't seem too bad to them so I doubt they'll change much.

Can't afford P&O, Cunard etc to pay onboard in £'s......perhaps a caravan in Clacton will be our only option soon!

Enjoy your cruise. :)

A 1/2 carafe of wine in the restaurant will cost 9euros. We took on board 4 litres of Pinot Noir in plastic bottles which we purchased from a wine shop near the railway station costing under 3 euros per litre. We also took this wine to our table for the last 2 nights & our head waiter told us keep quiet about the corkage. The corkage charge is 5 euros a bottle,the bottles hold 2 litres,we just kept the bottle out of sight & filled our glasses whenever. This was just our experience & it will always be down to the head waiter you get.

Cheers

A 1/2 carafe of wine in the restaurant will cost 9euros. We took on board 4 litres of Pinot Noir in plastic bottles which we purchased from a wine shop near the railway station costing under 3 euros per litre. We also took this wine to our table for the last 2 nights & our head waiter told us keep quiet about the corkage. The corkage charge is 5 euros a bottle,the bottles hold 2 litres,we just kept the bottle out of sight & filled our glasses whenever. This was just our experience & it will always be down to the head waiter you get.

Cheers

We are purchasing some sports bottles and will do this at each port, an

American friend told us to give a good tip at the begining of the cruise!!!

:rolleyes:

I must admit, apart from NCL once we have never had any bottles confiscated.

Archived