Carnival Splendor cabin 6448

time to cruise

• 2 months later...

I don't have pictures...but I've booked the same room for our cruise in November. I did this because we had a similar room last April when we were on the Liberty (6442) and loved it.

The balcony is about double the size of a standard balcony so there is no problem with the door getting in the way if two of you are on the balcony.

The room only sleeps two (comfortably) as there is no sofa due to the shape, only a sitting chair and a table.

The room (on the Liberty) was right above one of the bars so there was a bit of noise until about 1130 at night, then nothing after that. If you are early to bed type of folks you may want to rethink this. If not, it's a great room!

If you do go with this room, I'd like to hear about the balcony (if the partitions can be removed) as my Sisters-in-law have one adjacent room and my mother and father-in-law have the other. We hope to remove the partitions and have one huge balcony.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Cruzin, for posting those! We're in 6448, not 'til December, but I've been anxious to see what the stateroom was like!

Was the entry into the room any different? If you look at the deck plan, it almost looks like there's a stairwell right there. Very odd!

There is a crew stairwell right there, which is why the cabin is positioned "sideways" from the normal balconies. As you enter, you have the closets on one side of the wall like a normal cabin, but the other side where in a "normal" cabin you'd have the bathroom it's just a wall (with the stairwell behind it). I know on the Victory we had a separate hall for us and the 9a wrap. Since we were in the more forward of the L-shaped on the Splendor, I'm not sure if the one next to the wrap shared a separate hallway or not.

BTW - when you do the boat drill, when you're done head towards the back of the boat and use that crew stairway to get back to your cabin. It's much shorter and less crowded than using the guest stairwell. :D

Ok, that makes sense, especially comparing your photos to the deck plan. The door next to the bed is to the bathroom, correct? I'll bet 6448 is just a reverse layout of 6440 (as I think you said). We usually book on a higher deck, but I was not going to pass up the opportunity for an extended balcony, and especially for the price!

Thanks for the tip re: using the crew stairwell after the drill. I love shortcuts!!! ;)

Ok, that makes sense, especially comparing your photos to the deck plan. The door next to the bed is to the bathroom, correct? I'll bet 6448 is just a reverse layout of 6440 (as I think you said). We usually book on a higher deck, but I was not going to pass up the opportunity for an extended balcony, and especially for the price!

Thanks for the tip re: using the crew stairwell after the drill. I love shortcuts!!! ;)

Yep...that door is the bathroom.

I just love these cabins. Nothing better than paying an 8A price and getting a balcony the same size as those in a suite. Now that we've done it on two ships (Victory and Splendor), I know to always look and see if any of those are open when we book. :D

I've also heard of others using that stairwell on a regular basis, but we've not done that. Just during the boat drill.

• 3 months later...

To give you another prospective opinion.

I did not like this L shape cabin at all. We sailed it on the Liberty. (if the cabinets were moved down in to the entrance hall I think the cabin itself would have been better.) in the picture above the vanity was moved to the other side of the closets- the tv was then ontop of the vanity.

I felt there was no space at all in the cabin to move around-especially when two people are trying to get ready for dinner. Much of the floor space was unusable- the floor the bottom of the bed- the side of the floor located by the bathroom. Which left the side of the bed of maybe 3 feet square to get ready. Yes there was a chair-- but you couldnt sit in the chair to watch tv because of the way the tv was positiioned.

By midweek i felt onto of my traveling partner.

here are Liberty's photo so you can see what I am saying.

http://travel.webshots.com/*****

Thank you both, :serene56" and "Cruzin 1025". But when I look at both sets of pictures, I can't help but think the Splendor cabin looked slightly larger than the Liberty cabin. It looked like there was a little bump past the bathroom near the balcony door in the Splendor cabin. It also appeared to have more rom between the bed and the dresser area, but my husband thinks it is because the television was mounted, making the wall where the dressers are more open.

I have questions for "Cruzin 1025": where was the safe and fridge (since you don't have the entertainment cabinet) and did you find being above the lounge noisy at night?

Thank you both, :serene56" and "Cruzin 1025". But when I look at both sets of pictures, I can't help but think the Splendor cabin looked slightly larger than the Liberty cabin. It looked like there was a little bump past the bathroom near the balcony door in the Splendor cabin. It also appeared to have more rom between the bed and the dresser area, but my husband thinks it is because the television was mounted, making the wall where the dressers are more open.

I have questions for "Cruzin 1025": where was the safe and fridge (since you don't have the entertainment cabinet) and did you find being above the lounge noisy at night?

The safe and fridge were both in the cabinet under the vanity. The safe was the keypad type which is nice...no need to use a credit card to lock!

We never heard any noise from the lounges. Only noise was the side thrusters when we docked, but that served as a nice alarm clock to make sure we were up and didn't miss our excursions. :D

Here's a couple photos. My DH thinks I'm nuts as I'm taking these, but you never know what questions might pop up. ;)

2980797890103832821S425x425Q85.jpg

2430214910103832821S425x425Q85.jpg

"The safe and fridge were both in the cabinet under the vanity. The safe was the keypad type which is nice...no need to use a credit card to lock!

We never heard any noise from the lounges. Only noise was the side thrusters when we docked, but that served as a nice alarm clock to make sure we were up and didn't miss our excursions. :D

Here's a couple photos. My DH thinks I'm nuts as I'm taking these, but you never know what questions might pop up. ;)"

Cruzin 1025 - Thank you! And tell your DH that there are people out here who are visual learners and we need photos! :p I really appreciate your help!

Okay - so I'm checking the Carnival site and see that the cruise I booked for March on the Splendor has gone down again! So I call and ask about the price difference. I switched from an 8A to 8B and still had a refund of $10 pp! Score!

So, we are now booked in 7443. Anyone have photos of that cabin?

Archived