Cancelation question...

Fam Vaca

we booked last June for a June 2009 cruise. All that is paid is a deposit as of now. It's with Carnival Destiny. One person in a room of 3 has cancelled. What $ will I be out? I looked on Carnival's website - and if I'm looking at it right, I think we are ok. Will I be able to move that 3rd person's deposit to one of 2 people's bill who are still cruising. I plan to contact my PVP, but wanted to make sure to say the right thing and not loose money if at all possible.

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance

we booked last June for a June 2009 cruise. All that is paid is a deposit as of now. It's with Carnival Destiny. One person in a room of 3 has cancelled. What $ will I be out? I looked on Carnival's website - and if I'm looking at it right, I think we are ok. Will I be able to move that 3rd person's deposit to one of 2 people's bill who are still cruising. I plan to contact my PVP, but wanted to make sure to say the right thing and not loose money if at all possible.

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance

You will get a full refund for the cancelling person, because you are still outside the penalty phase(final payment due). You could probably get the deposit for the cancelling person back instead of applying to the remander of your cruise fare.. The only problem you could have is if the person cancelling was a past guest rate, senior rate, or Military rate and you were getting a discount on the cruise due to that person.

GL

Archived