Anyone see the new Carnival commercial yet?

popcorngal

Coming from a family where both parents were in advertising, I can honestly say this new Carnival plan is awful! Even if you want a little cutting edge (which was very typical with my Dad's advertising), it is BAD! Hard to even tell they are commercials for a cruise line. I love Carnival and will continue to sail them, but I definitely miss the commercials that actually have a ship in them and make me want to cruise again....so very poor. As another poster said....fire the ad agency! And I will add that we had commercials, etc. being filmed on our Legend cruise in Nov 07, and while it could be annoying at times to have portions of the ship taken over, and tenders delayed, at least they were filming ON A CRUISE SHIP!

First i will admit that i have not read the whole thread....:)....

I finally saw the full ad tonight....I have seen it on but only caught the Carnival fun for all logo thing at the end.

I DO NOT like this ad at all!!

I do not understand what it has to do with a cruise at all or why it would make anyone even think about going on a cruise.

I used to LOVE the ads with ships in them....my favorite was the Beyond the Sea music in the background....now when those commercials came on everything else would just stop and I would look at the tv with a wistful grin on my face thinking of my next cruise or my last one and desiring my next booking! My kids even knew to be quiet and let me have my moment :rolleyes: and the really funny thing is that I usually don't watch commercials at all and simply tune them out.

Sadly, the new Carnival ads seem to be going to my "tune out" list rather than spark my desire (and my addiction).

Of course I will continue to cruise because I have done it and I love it.

I finally saw the beach ball commercial tonight, actually twice and the pinata once..all within a two hour span. They're running them hard at the moment. I like the beach ball a little better, and we now know the music and it grabs our attention. Still have my doubts about it making people want to book a cruise though...:confused:

Having spent the last three days battling the flu, I've had the opportunity to watch a lot more television than usual. . . and have seen both of the new "world record" CCL ads several times. I'd read the description and seen photos from John's blog, as well as here on CruiseCritic, but these were my first real viewings. Gotta say I'm not a fan at all. :(

I honestly thought they were totally meant to be a spoof -- like a 'Saturday Night Live' skit. Figured it was to parody RCCL building its new Behemoth of the Seas with all the extreme bells and whistles that normally are not associated with cruising. So, at first, I was humored thinking it was a good jab at the competition. But apparently these are honestly meant to promote the Carnival brand just by viewing. Umm, NO!!

Someone needs to do a quick re-wind and start that attempt over again.

I'm watching a beach show on the travel channel. One of the commercials was the Carnival Pinata. This was my first viewing of it and I can honestly say I'd be fine if it was my last.

Echoing what others have said - "yuck!", "What were they thinking?", "It doesn't make me think of cruising", and if I hadn't already heard about this commercial, I wouldn't have known it was about Carnival until the end. :rolleyes::(

No sooner finished posting and the beach ball ad ran.

It's marginally better because it's water related, but...again...it doesn't make me think cruising and if I hadn't known about the commercial, I wouldn't have known it was about Carnival until the end. :rolleyes::(

Archived