Ultimate Card on the Ruby Princess?

green.herbs

Stanford's Girl,

I agree. Unlike myself, my wife does not drink alcohol. She always gets virgin daiquiris. I called Princess and they told me it was for kids 20 and under. No exceptions.

This just doesn't make sense to me. They offer the soda stickers to adults to buy, so why not this too? Makes it sound like if you are an adult who doesn't drink alcohol, Princess doesn't really care about you. If they charge $9 a day for the Ultimate for kids under 20, why couldn't they offer it to adults at $11 a day? :mad:

Friends of ours have been on 7 Princess cruises all with their 2 kids. They have platinum cards and the 2 kids have blue cards. I think they keep blue cards till they turn 18.

That's true. Once they are 18, they get the card color for the number of cruises THEY have completed, not their parents. Last March, my 18 yr. old son got a Platinum card, not Elite like me. He's completed 7 Princess cruises.

My 16 yr. old's nose was a bit out of joint having to have the blue card still. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I guess it's different strokes, etc. We had 5 teens aboard from 3 different families. Two had travelled Princess previously and they both had gold cards.

Whenever we've traveled my kids have always gotten the blue cards (and they're platinum) and the same goes for our friend's kids when we all travel. I've been told that they won't get their platinum card until they turn 18. Evidently they don't get the benefit of their perks until then either.

The teens onboard with you must have been 18 or older.

Whenever we've traveled my kids have always gotten the blue cards (and they're platinum) and the same goes for our friend's kids when we all travel. I've been told that they won't get their platinum card until they turn 18. Evidently they don't get the benefit of their perks until then either.

The teens onboard with you must have been 18 or older.

Hardly. One is 14, the other 15. Not even close.

Hardly. One is 14, the other 15. Not even close.

Well, it must have been some kind of a mix up then.

I know that you have a lot of Princess cruises under your belt and certainly are more well traveled than many of us, but according to Princess, blue cards are given until cruisers reach the age of 18. Once 18 they will be given the status that they've earned. My kids have gotten been given blue cards on each cruise, the family that we travel with it's the same, and all of their friends that they meet also get blue cards so it's not a unique thing.

Guess in the long run it doesn't really matter.

Well, it must have been some kind of a mix up then.

I know that you have a lot of Princess cruises under your belt and certainly are more well traveled than many of us, but according to Princess, blue cards are given until cruisers reach the age of 18. Once 18 they will be given the status that they've earned. My kids have gotten been given blue cards on each cruise, the family that we travel with it's the same, and all of their friends that they meet also get blue cards so it's not a unique thing.

Guess in the long run it doesn't really matter.

I know they should have had blue ones; they didn't. Did they gain anything by having gold ones? No. Will they get gold ones next time? Probably not.

I know they should have had blue ones; they didn't. Did they gain anything by having gold ones? No. Will they get gold ones next time? Probably not.

They didn't gain anything but I'm sure the kids were a bit thrilled by it. It may seem like a tiny thing but I know my son would have loved to have had a platinum card instead of a blue one.

• 1 month later...
In the past we've gotten the grandchildren soda cards and they frequently got Shirley Temples. Will this no longer work? Is the ultimate card now required for this?

I'm pretty sure they can still get them. The Ultimate card is what's needed for unlimited soft serve ice cream and the smoothies. But unless they're going to heavily indulge in those things, it really doesn't pay. The Ultimate costs more than double the soda card.

• 4 years later...

We've always had the unlimited soda and more sticker and we have no children!!! We have had it over the last 6 cruises with princess. It is even listed on the Princess website under Gifts and services - cellars and culinary delights. It's called the Unlimited Soda and more package its $8.05 per person/per day - says nothing about age restrictions. I know at one point it was called the ultimate kids package.

Archived