Wine Packages On Princess

LinsBil

More views on these posts!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=17446938#post17446938

Can you offer a little more info on this bringing wine onboard? Are you allowed to bring 1 or more? Do you show them to anyone? What if you just drink it in your room? Thanks, this is only our 2nd trip on Princess.:)

can anyone say that if you just ask for a glass of wine [not a bottle] at the dinner table, is there still a corkage charge for it?

If you are buying a glass of wine at dinner, you pay the normal charge. Or if you are buying a bottle of wine at dinner, the normal fee.

Corkage fee is when you bring your own bottle.

Confused?

If you are buying a glass of wine at dinner, you pay the normal charge. Or if you are buying a bottle of wine at dinner, the normal fee.

Corkage fee is when you bring your own bottle.

Confused?

Right, so if me and my friend have a bottle of wine ordered to the waiter at the table, we don't pay corkage?

Right, so if me and my friend have a bottle of wine ordered to the waiter at the table, we don't pay corkage?

Corkage applies to bottles you bring onboard.

Bottles (or glasses) you buy at the bar, or dining room do not require this charge.

Thanks so much for the info. We tried to bring a bottle of wine on one of our first Carnival cruises and they confiscated it from us. It was very embarassing being pulled from the line and sent to the bad table. I'm glad we can do this on Princess.:)

Thanks Alan. Also the comment applies to bottle of your own wine you bring to the dining room and on which you pay the dining room corkage.

The nice thing about buying a bottle of wine in the dinning room is you do not have to drink it all. They will keep for you for the next night and you can get it from any of the dining rooms. Just make sure they mark it right with your Cruise Card number and even cabin number..

Alan

The nice thing about buying a bottle of wine in the dinning room is you do not have to drink it all. They will keep for you for the next night and you can get it from any of the dining rooms. Just make sure they mark it right with your Cruise Card number and even cabin number..

Alan

Not sure about Princess. But on Carnival, even if you bring your own bottle to the dining room, they will keep it in their fridge for you (if applicable) until the next night. I'm hoping it's the same. Also, corkage isn't always charged. It seems to be a crapshot whether they charge the fee or just forget it. If my waiter doesn't charge it, his cash tip goes up at the end of the week. ;)

No wine packages like RCL however Princess wine prices are less than those on RCL

The prices and the selections were better on Princess. When I did the math on the RCCL wine package most wines in the package cost more per bottle than they did if you bought them individually. Only one or two bottles were actually less expensive in the package than if just bought one at a time. Also the one time we did the package because it included two red wines that we enjoyed they ran out of our choices and did not subsitute similar wines.

I much prefer the wine list on Princess and hope the OP has a great experience.

Also someone mentioned that Carnival took their wine. RCI is the only line that does not allow a bottle of wine to be carried on. Carnival, Princess, HAL, Disney, NCL and every other line I can think off allows some wine to be carried on at the begining of the cruise. So that is very strange to hear that one bottle was not allowed. bottles of alcohol are not allowed on most, although enforcement can be spotty.

Cheers.

So you can see that the consensus is that you can bring a bottle of wine each on board with you as a carry on - or - you can pack a wine box in your checked luggage and it fits nicely in your refridgerator.

Archived