carnival excursion in grand cayman

MAO

has anyone done the grand caymen kayak safari thru carnival?

I couldn't find a good independant tour guide and am thinking that this may be my only option for kayaking in G.C.

if anyone has any experiance I would love your input

Thanks!

I didn't do kayaking but I booked my excursion thru Native Way after someone told me about them. Find their website and even tho they don't offer kayaking, e-mail them and ask who they would recommend. I found the people in Grand Cayman the friendliest of any port I have visited. If you still don't find one, try Trip Advisor, they have member reviews that I always find helpful.

If you are not dead set on kayaking, I did the ray, reef, rum tour thru Native Way and it was awesome!! Probably the best excursion I have done so far. Grand Cayman is beautiful so anything you do should be enjoyable. Have fun!

One thing we found out. In Grand Cayman, you have to tender to shore. This was a nightmare! We were one of the 1st people on the tender. We sat on the tender (at 8 am) for almost an hour while they were stacking us on top of each other. I am supprised the little tender made it to shore. Anyway, since it took us so long to get to shore, our snorkling excursion was cut short without warning. By the time we got to the snorkling area we only got to snorkle for 20mins. The tour guide told us that it was Carnivals fault that our excursion was cut short. They took us back to the port. Once I got on board, I heard from fellow cruisers that had done the same excursion later in the day, and got to snorkle for almost and hour! We got ripped off. Anyway, be prepared to wait on the tender!

thanks for your replys!

so i've learned that we should try to book the later kayak excursion if thats offered.

i did try native way and they did offer a suggestion but it didn't pan out.

ports of call board was no help really.

again thank you all for your input. i was hopeing someone had tryed carnivals kayak excursion personally:)

Archived