LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Here I am, finally on board the beautiful Mariner of the Seas, my home for the next 53 days, until February 19, 2009.

Our E cabin on the hump is lovely. This is my first trip on the Mariner, although I've sailed Voyager class and Freedom class before.

Luggage hasn't arrived yet, but I hardly expected it by 3!

We have already made appointments for pedicures. Alas, they have only ONE "nail person" on board, so Lizzy and I cannot have "mother-daughter pedicures", which is what we prefer. She negotiated (;)) a lower price for "just a trim" instead of a full-blown haircut.

Big crowd on board; lots of kids, of course. Not that it feels crowded - not even up in the Windjammer. The Honey Stung chicken was the best that I've had so far. Fries were light and crispy. :)

Check-in and boarding were so fast, I swear that I was out of breath from never stopping for a moment, from the instant we went through security until we were walking out onto Deck 5. It was SO nice bypassing all of the people waiting in line for the next check-in agent!

Everything was ready in our cabin: robes, booklets, D+ amenity (wine), welcome aboard/back letter, concierge lounge key, wine from my TA. The closet is nice and big for a basic balcony cabin - the lifejackets even slip into a little compartment in the closet so that they aren't taking up valuable closet real estate.

I'll try and read what you all say and ask as often as possible. The connection speed right now is the sloooooooowest I have ever experienced onboard.

According to the Cruise Compass, they are running a "special". :D Dom Perignon is 30% off! Would someone please look the price up for me, and tell me what "amazing" price that brings it down to? ;)

Welcome aboard, Cruise Critics!

Carol

Here I am, finally on board the beautiful Mariner of the Seas, my home for the next 53 days, until February 19, 2009.

Our E cabin on the hump is lovely. This is my first trip on the Mariner, although I've sailed Voyager class and Freedom class before.

Luggage hasn't arrived yet, but I hardly expected it by 3!

We have already made appointments for pedicures. Alas, they have only ONE "nail person" on board, so Lizzy and I cannot have "mother-daughter pedicures", which is what we prefer. She negotiated (;)) a lower price for "just a trim" instead of a full-blown haircut.

Big crowd on board; lots of kids, of course. Not that it feels crowded - not even up in the Windjammer. The Honey Stung chicken was the best that I've had so far. Fries were light and crispy. :)

Check-in and boarding were so fast, I swear that I was out of breath from never stopping for a moment, from the instant we went through security until we were walking out onto Deck 5. It was SO nice bypassing all of the people waiting in line for the next check-in agent!

Everything was ready in our cabin: robes, booklets, D+ amenity (wine), welcome aboard/back letter, concierge lounge key, wine from my TA. The closet is nice and big for a basic balcony cabin - the lifejackets even slip into a little compartment in the closet so that they aren't taking up valuable closet real estate.

I'll try and read what you all say and ask as often as possible. The connection speed right now is the sloooooooowest I have ever experienced onboard.

According to the Cruise Compass, they are running a "special". :D Dom Perignon is 30% off! Would someone please look the price up for me, and tell me what "amazing" price that brings it down to? ;)

Welcome aboard, Cruise Critics!

Carol

i have been waiting for this and have bookmarked it. i will read often. :)

without looking it up, i seem to remember DOM was $125.:o

The Dom isn't listed right now on the Wine Cellar Collection part of RCI's website. I'm sure at 30% off you could buy at least 53 of them! If price is an issue, you could always go after the Korbel.....:p

For $600 it's part of the Ultimate Romance Package....

Ultimate Romance Package II Non-Alcoholic $600.00 USDItem# 1083 - 7-8 Nights This package includes a bottle of chilled Dom Perignon champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, one dozen roses and two terry robes in your stateroom upon arrival; canapés and petit fours every evening; breakfast in bed one morning during the cruise; two spa appointments and a silver-framed, 8" x 10" keepsake portrait.

Bon Voyage Carol! :D

So tell me how does one get to cruise for 53 days. Is it a back-to-back-to-back-to-back. Or is the final sailing from the eastern coast?

Safe travels and keep us posted.

I am very happy for your cruise on a great lady. THE MARINER OF THE SEAS.

Merion Mom - just a word of caution –

we had the D+ wine amenity delivered to our cabin last week on the Monarch and there was a card noting that there would be a $12 corkage charge to take the bottle to the dining room! I was shocked and angered as C&A never mentioned that there was any difference between the cabin delivery or dining room delivery. We enjoyed it in various venues around the ship.

Have a fun and safe cruise.

M

Carol - have a FANTASTIC time and think of me, Lorna and Ally during trivia!!! We'll be rooting for you!! Miss you lady and will be checking in often to see how the cruise is going. Please tell Len, Letty and Doris Dennis and I said hello!

Take care and talk to you soon. Mary

Carol

Crystal & I wish you the best cruise ever. Wow, 50+ days from everything and on a cruise, does it get any better than that?

Don't you really wish you were in Penn.? ;)

Have a great time, we wish we were with you!

Tim (& Crystal)

Archived