How to request refund for S&S mis-charge?

lanoitarus

I was on the Triumph a week ago, and have noticed some issues on my and my cabin mates S&S printouts. Specifically, all our in-cabin beverages (the kind they leave and charge you if you take) were charged to BOTH our accounts, so we paid double for those already-overpriced waters and sodas. Its certainly not a lot of money in the grand scheme, but given the blatant double charging I feel compelled to write requesting a refund on principle. I have all the documentation ready to mail... Problem is, i can't find an address! Can anyone help?

I feel certain this must have been asked, but a ton of searching for "refund", "S&S" and "credit" has only produced a million threads about fuel charges. Apologies if I am being redundant, I swear I tried!

Thanks in advance!

Worse comes to worse, call up your credit card company and open a dispute for the amount of the overcharge. Chances are they will just write it off. If you say duplicate charge, it will run into a lot of hassle, just say unauthorized. If you say duplicate, then they will write to you asking for the other account number and it just runs into more hassle (I worked cc disputes and know even if you give the other cc #, the phone rep probably wouldnt write it down and get it confused, so the real person who works it, has to write to you or call you again). just simply tell them the amount was unauthorized.

Your cc company is the last resort, not the first.

Just call them! Carnival can direct you to whomever you need to speak with.

I had a question about something on my bill a few years ago that I didn't notice until a couple of weeks post cruise. I called and we went through the list, item by item. Turns out I had forgotten about a couple of things or just couldn't identify them by the description on the statement.

I now keep every receipt and while sitting around the morning of disembarkation, I go through them all and compare them with the bill. I don't want to be the first person off the ship, so that is a good time to check everything. It's much easier to go to the pursers desk than to deal with questions afterward.

Plus, I never, ever use any of the items in the cabin, mostly because I don't drink soft drinks but also to avoid these situations.

Call and talk to a person. It's much quicker than writing and should be your avenue of first recourse.

Good Luck

It's always very important that you check the paperwork given you for your account before you leave the ship. Adjustments can be made on the spot instead of waiting weeks.

They'll straighten it out for you, no doubt, but it will probably be a while.

Good Luck

It's always very important that you check the paperwork given you for your account before you leave the ship. Adjustments can be made on the spot instead of waiting weeks.

They'll straighten it out for you' date=' no doubt, but it will probably be a while.[/quote']

Im sure it will be a headache... I'm mad at myself because while I was extremely careful with my own account and checked that every item was right, I never thought of cross-checking with my roomates account.

Good Luck

They'll straighten it out for you' date=' no doubt, but it will probably be a while.[/quote']

We did just that and found a charge that was not ours. We had never even been in that bar. We went to the purser's desk and they told us they could only turn it in to corporate and that corporate would investigate it and give us credit if it was due, but that would be weeks after the cruise. Well, needless to say, we never got the credit. It wasn't enough to spend countless hours haggling over it, so we just wrote it off. But adjustments are not always made on the spot, if ever.

Worse comes to worse, call up your credit card company and open a dispute for the amount of the overcharge. Chances are they will just write it off. If you say duplicate charge, it will run into a lot of hassle, just say unauthorized. If you say duplicate, then they will write to you asking for the other account number and it just runs into more hassle (I worked cc disputes and know even if you give the other cc #, the phone rep probably wouldnt write it down and get it confused, so the real person who works it, has to write to you or call you again). just simply tell them the amount was unauthorized.

excellent point.

Have the transaction put on dispute so you do not get it added to your balance and have a finance charge applied to the amount that won't be refunded by carnival.

But I would then follow up with carnival to correct the mistake.

Archived