Would you take this upgrade from Aft to Mini

kooljamming

We booked the aft E732 on Sapphire Princess. Now we can go to the AC mini on the Dolphin deck, very forward. I know the mini has more room and a tub (something we won't use). I like the idea of more space but not too keen on that forward at the front of the ship and the walk for breakfast. One more thing, I won't ever be able to afford a mini again until my kids graduate from college, my mortgage is paid off, the stock market hits 13,000 and there is peace on earth. Please don't let that influence your advice....seriously:D

Thanks

Having been in E732 on the Diamond, I would NOT take the mini. We were in a mini on the Coral. Yes the extra room and bathroom are wonderful but if you are as into sitting on the balcony staring out at the wake.....there isn't even a decision to be made :D

You can see my pics of both cabins by clicking on the link below.

Have fun, Denise

I'm curious with the advice you get as I am hoping for an upgrade to a mini. Ihave already been upgraded from a minimum guarantee balcony to a top level one on Lido. What sailing are you on?

I have heard the extra space is a real benefit and the larger bathroom.

Having been in a forward Dolphin cabin on our Alaskan cruise I wouldn't change even for a full suite. I've never had a problem with seasickness until this cruise, and I was fine everywhere but in our cabin. I'd never sail in a forward cabin if I could avoid it.

I'm curious with the advice you get as I am hoping for an upgrade to a mini. Ihave already been upgraded from a minimum guarantee balcony to a top level one on Lido. What sailing are you on?

I am on the Feburary 14th. I might have easily gone for a mini over a regular balcony but I have the coveted rare facing aft. Yeah, I might never have a mini but enjoying a glass of wine and a view of the wake from my balcony will be worth it. Bye, bye mini, for a second you were within reach.......maybe someday:D

I would not upgrade. We have only had mini's on our 2 Princess cruises but they were Emerald Deck aft which had the larger balcony. For our next cruise we are on Caribe Deck aft which also has a larger balcony. We spend more time out there than inside and aft is such a grand place to be.

We booked the aft E732 on Sapphire Princess. Now we can go to the AC mini on the Dolphin deck, very forward. I know the mini has more room and a tub (something we won't use). I like the idea of more space but not too keen on that forward at the front of the ship and the walk for breakfast. One more thing, I won't ever be able to afford a mini again until my kids graduate from college, my mortgage is paid off, the stock market hits 13,000 and there is peace on earth. Please don't let that influence your advice....seriously:D

Thanks

If that is the case, take the mini now while you have the chance. ;)

BTW, I feel your "college pain". I have one in a UC now and another on the way in 2010. Cruising will have to be on the back-burner until they graduate. :(

If that is the case, take the mini now while you have the chance. ;)

BTW, I feel your "college pain". I have one in a UC now and another on the way in 2010. Cruising will have to be on the back-burner until they graduate. :(

You weren't suppose to factor in the other circumstances:D

Just my luck, my ship or mini suite (in this case) finally came in and I am happy some place else. I have 5 years before my first head to Harvard Law (he must be because of the way he likes to argue a point). The stock market will be back by then....Oh, I pray!

You weren't suppose to factor in the other circumstances:D

Just my luck, my ship or mini suite (in this case) finally came in and I am happy some place else. I have 5 years before my first head to Harvard Law (he must be because of the way he likes to argue a point). The stock market will be back by then....Oh, I pray!

Aft Cabin is a keeper! Just think leaving a port sitting on the balcony having drinks or watching the sunset. Heavenly!

Thinking about an Aft BB on Emerald. The pictures look so cavelike. Is this really a good experience? Yes, I've read the thread on beam/vent. We have had a corner before on another line with a huge balcony. Privacy is the the major plus isn't it? Did you like it that much?

As if you needed to hear this....I would stay where you are. The aft is really fun, out of the way, quiet and the view is tranquil. If you don't use the tub - then don't do the switch.

Without a doubt, I won't use the tub, unless I accidental fall in it. I am happy to be hearing all this because I am even more excited. I have never chosen a cabin before. I usually book the gty and take what I get. It is kinda stressful but fun deciding:D Seeing the mini slip away wasn't easy either but it was not the best choice.

You'll love the cabin. We have chosen the aft cabin on 3 previous voyages when it was available and were never disappointed. One was actually a mini, which thrilled DW because she does prefer the tub.

One nice thing about the aft cabins is that you feel more like you have the ship to yourself because you don't have all those other cabins and balconies right in your face.

Have a great time.

Extra space is nice and larger bathroom real nice.

Upgrade don't hold your breath but if you get it let us know.

• 5 months later...

Thanks

Kool:

What did you end up doing? I have an Aft Balcony on the Grand Princess. Thx!

We are probably one of the few here, but we hated the aft balcony. We had the coveted corner C753 on the Diamond to Hawaii and found the tunnel like balcony to be nothing more than an echo chamber for the constant drone of the wake which made it unpleasant to sit out there.

Maybe it would not be too bad for a 7 day cruise with lots of ports instead of the multiple sea days in a row at speed.

We did not like it at all so would take them right up on the upgrade.

Of course knowing what we know we also would not take any suite on the aft either.

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks

I'm surprised that you were given this offer. I figured that Princess would just automatically upgrade you unless your booking was marked as "do not upgrade." And if the booking was so marked, that you would not be offered an upgrade to begin with.

This leads me to ask if there a way to mark a booking so that Princess will not automatically upgrade, but will ask before upgrading?

Thanks

I'd take the mini. Have you ever tried shaving your legs in that regular balcony cabin's shower? :eek: Besides, aft cabins are so over-rated IMO.

Archived