Post your memorable BARBADOS PICS HERE!

Aplmac

Appreciate the nice pictures on this thread. Below are six of my favorites from this charming, historic and interesting island. Many more pictures and ideas can be seen by . . . .

Checking . . . .

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2262999

with a titling of "Barbados: Our Pix's, Experiences Feb./2015!" so you can see lots of fun visuals and ideas for many options and potentials in and around this historic and charming island.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 45,349 views for these postings.

Before boarding our ship, we did a three-hour private tour with a Barbados taxi driver. He took us all over this historic and scenic island, including to the top where the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea come together. Is this a dramatic and scenic location? Does my wife’s smile say it all?:

Jan15SCStartA18_zps3ohbqq6l.jpg

Here are a few more visuals samples from our three-hour private tour around Barbados. This includes their Parliament building in main downtown, my wife loving this stop at one of their top beaches, visiting their historic St. James church and going through one of their older towns along the coast. Lots of nice homes and areas in this northern part of Barbados.:

Jan15SCStartA20_zpsfnqiknki.jpg

Jan15SCStartA21_zpsqwwe5utx.jpg

Jan15SCStartA24_zps8jpsbxj6.jpg

Here is one example for what saw when walking from the port to the main part of town in Barbados. This includes the local island fish market where this merchant showed us a look at one of his large fish.:

SCFeb11BB11_zpsrlhsrjuw.jpg

Here is sample of party boats in the main harbor serving some of the visitors from the Royal Princess and Carnival ships that were in port during this day:

SCFeb11BB10_zpsozkjfahv.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
We were on a cruise on Carnival Liberty that had a stop in Barbados in September 2015, so I finally have some pictures to add.

Payne's Bay Beach

IMG_9444-1.jpg

Snorkeling at the "shipwreck" off of Payne's Bay Beach:

IMG_1729-1.jpg

Swimming with turtles off of Payne's Bay Beach:

IMG_1685-1.jpg

Those fish at Payne's Beach!??

Wow.

Is that a common site, that many, and that beautiful?

Would it be similar in December (next week)?

This is breathtaking.

Of course, ALL the photos are breathtaking.

We spent a day at Barbados last hoiiday season, on a cruise.

We've been to other Caribbean islands, and have favorites, but we never saw water quite like what we saw here. (It might have been the specific weather and lighting conditions, but these photos capture what we saw and remember.)

Tomorrow... we go back for a week there.

DH enjoys snorkeling... I'd love to arrange something where he has a chance to see these amazing fish :)

Thanks!

We were on a cruise on Carnival Liberty that had a stop in Barbados in September 2015, so I finally have some pictures to add.

Payne's Bay Beach

IMG_9444-1.jpg

Snorkeling at the "shipwreck" off of Payne's Bay Beach:

IMG_1729-1.jpg

Swimming with turtles off of Payne's Bay Beach:

IMG_1685-1.jpg

Those fish at Payne's Beach!??

Wow.

Is that a common site, that many, and that beautiful?

Would it be similar in December (next week)?

This is breathtaking.

Of course, ALL the photos are breathtaking.

We spent a day at Barbados last hoiiday season, on a cruise.

We've been to other Caribbean islands, and have favorites, but we never saw water quite like what we saw here. (It might have been the specific weather and lighting conditions, but these photos capture what we saw and remember.)

Tomorrow... we go back for a week there.

DH enjoys snorkeling... I'd love to arrange something where he has a chance to see these amazing fish :)

Thanks!

These pictures are our Barbados cruise stop in September 2015. I agree with you in that Barbados has beautiful water and we've been there three times. The other two were once in June and the other in May. I think it must be year round.

The turtle/fish pictures aren't from snorkeling from from the beach. We took a boat out to swim with turtles and the other stop was to a shipwreck. Both stops were just off the coast of Paynes Bay Beach though. It was at the shipwreck where we saw all of these fish. There are a few shipwrecks off the coast of Barbados and I *think* they offer protected areas for the fish to hide, but once the boat guides throw the chum in the water, the fish will swarm. So I think this is common, year round, out where the shipwrecks are.

If this is something your husband would be interested in, there are many tour operators that offer tours from the beach out to swim with the turtles and another stop over to shipwrecks to see the fish and the shipwreck itself. From what I've seen here on CC (reviews, other threads on this board), the charges seem to range between $20 and $30 (USD), per person. Another popular beach to go out on a boat to swim with turtles and shipwreck/fish is Carlisle Bay.

There are many local tour operators that offer this as well. One very reputable one is Calabaza's catamaran tour. We've never toured with Calabaza but know others who have and really enjoyed them.

I hope this has been helpful. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Loved the earlier and wonderful pictures from the snorkeling at the "shipwreck" off of Payne's Bay Beach. Great visuals!!

Here are some more from my photo file that we enjoyed about our time in and around Barbados. More at:

"Barbados: Our Pix's, Experiences Feb./2015!":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2262999

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 167,546 views for this posting.

When we arrived in Barbados the day before our cruise was to start, this was the scenic beach and sunset view near our hotel. Look good? Loved being in this part of the Caribbean for the first time!!:

Jan15SCStartA17_zpsy9gbilmw.jpg

For our departure from Barbados, the port was busy with five ships, including three very large ships. Below shows the rainbow, the Celebrity 2,850 passenger docked next to our much smaller ship, etc. It's fun doing these sail-away to start new adventures as we were going south towards the Amazon River!:

Jan15SCStartA28_zps9nlve1kc.jpg

During our tour of Barbados, here is one example of the shopping options available. Nothing hit my eye or wallet that really needed to be purchased. Got to save money for more shore excursions!! But it was fun looking and seeing the colorful and interesting items.:

Jan15SCStartA26_zpsmj4lkrxx.jpg

Here are some more of the shopping items we found at our shop stop at the top of Barbados where the Atlantic and Caribbean meet. Don't these items really give that "island flavor"?:

Jan15SCStartA27_zpsjpeilwmp.jpg

There are a variety of different building views in and around Barbados. Interesting visuals in Barbados reflect its different architecture styles, character, etc.:

SCFeb11BB8_zps9qvgqeya.jpg

SCFeb11BB7_zpsa0fxcg3k.jpg

TLCOhio,

For some reason, I'm unable to "quote" from your post. Regarding the pictures of the snorkeling off the shipwreck at Payne's Bay Beach...thank you!

I also want to comment to let you know how much I enjoy the beautiful pictures you share. I always look forward to seeing them.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

TLCOhio, I want to comment to let you know how much I enjoy the beautiful pictures you share. I always look forward to seeing them.

Appreciate your kind viewpoint on my pictures. Glad to know you're a person of such high class, great taste and wonderful judgment to make these generous comments.

What's next?: Will have more pictures coming soon. In late February, we are doing a 15-day Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco sailing that goes through the Panama Canal and will give us our first visits in Colombia, Central American and Mexico. Plus, seeing the musical “Hamilton” in the Golden Gate City after the end of our cruise. In mid June, we are doing an 11-day Lisbon to Rouen sailing that has lots of great stops in Portugal, Spain and France. That includes much, in-depth, for Bordeaux and Brittany. Then, in just over a year from now, we will be starting in Hong Kong, then doing Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City before boarding a seven-day Mekong River cruise up through Vietnam and Cambodia. This early 2018 SE Asia adventure will finish with time in Angkor Wat and then going by air to northern Laos and Bangkok.

Hope to have lots more visuals to share in the next year or so.

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from my latest live/blog at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 29,291 views for this reporting and visual sharing that includes Cape Town, all along the South Africa coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.